Advice From a Friend

On the way to the office, Sofia and Hugo were both very nervous.

"Oh, I hear Lady Melody is a witch and poisons her patients with potions," said Hugo. "How does anyone know that? We're the only ones who are going to see her."

"I don't know how they know that, but what if it's all true?" Sofia sniffled. "I don't know if we should believe them or not."

Suddenly, Sofia's magical amulet glowed. There was a bright flash of light right behind her and Hugo. They turned around, and right behind them was...

"Pocahontas?" Sofia and Hugo gasped.

"Yes, it's me," Pocahontas smiled. "What's troubling the little royals?"

"Sofia is sick and I hurt my arm, so we got sent to see Lady Melody, our new school nurse," said Hugo.

"But we heard that she's a witch, and she's going to poison us with potions," Sofia sniffled. "We never met her, so we don't know if it's true."

"Ah, you kids are going through something I myself went through," said Pocahontas, walking with the kids. "When my people heard of John Smith, they thought he was cruel and greedy."

"What happened?" Hugo asked.

"I got to know John, and he turned out to be very kind," Pocahontas said. "When it comes to meeting someone new, you need to listen to your heart and not the words of others."

"So you're saying we shouldn't listen to what everyone is saying about Lady Melody," Sofia sniffled. "We have to get to know her."

"And that's what we're going to do right now," Hugo said.

"That's the spirit," Pocahontas praised him.

"We'd better get going,"said Sofia.

"Good luck," Pocahontas said.

Just as Sofia and Hugo headed to see Lady Melody, Sofia let out a sneeze.

"Bless you," Hugo and Pocahontas said.

"Thanks,"Sofia sniffled.