Dillema

John, Daniel, Sarah and I all gathered back at the practice room in our company after the interview. I told them I needed to tell them something. 

"Start talking", John looked at me. 

"Well, I don't know if Boss already informed you about this" I was directing it to John since he is the leader and he is supposed to be the first to know. "I have to..." knock knock knock! The rapping at the door interrupted us.

A guy holding bags of ordered food came in and gave us our dinner. John stood up and paid the young lad. Sarah started unpacking the food and set them all on the table where we sat. 

"Continue," John looked at me again as he sat back on his chair.

"Can we eat first," Daniel grabbed a piece of the chicken and stuffed half of it in his mouth. "I'm hungry!"

"Okay, talk while eating"

"As I was saying," I forked a chunk of salad and put it in my mouth. John was just looking at me, waiting for me to swallow my food and continue talking. 

"I have to do a collaboration," I said after chewing my food and pushing it down my empty stomach.

"So...", John signaled for me to continue.

"So, Yonghwa made a song and asked me to work on the lyrics in a week." I waited for a reaction.

John just stared at me. 

I waited.

"Congratulations, Noona", Daniel was the first one to speak. 

I looked at him, "it's not like that." I bowed my head closed my eyes and after a few seconds looked up again. I knew it. I knew it would make them feel bad that I have to do a song without them right after we just debuted. 

"Why?" John was still staring at me coldly. 

"I was said, that... we need....some...publicity...and... that..." 

"So, the Boss thinks we can gain that by putting you up on this project?" He was a bit hurt. I can see that. If I were him I would feel the same way.

"I don't know, maybe...." I was out of words. I don't know the reason either. I was just asked to do this. I just sighed.

"Kris was just asked to do this John, it's not her plan." Sarah came to my rescue. I gave her a thankful smile.

Silence.

John put his forehead on his palm and started massaging his temples. 

Daniel looked at me then at John then back at me. He put down his chicken and started talking. 

"If this would help the group, then I'm okay with it. I don't think that this should ruin our friendship." Thank you Daniel. 

"Hyung, think about it. She has the ability. The company trusts her, we trust her. Not that we don't trust you, but she can pull this better than any of us." Daniel put his arm over John's shoulder.

John finally looked up. Let out a deep sigh. "I'm just worried." Then he stepped off the room leaving us speechless.

Only two more days to finish the song and I haven't even started it yet. Thanks to back-to-back performances and interviews here and there, I wasn't able to have time to work on the song. When I finally get home and thought of writing, my mind just goes blank. 

I was in the tub. Soaking my tired body in steaming water. My thoughts are all on the song now. "I'll just have to do it tomorrow." I thought to myself.