Chapter three

The Impala came to a stop in front of an ordinary looking two story house. The neighborhood was quiet, and no kids were out playing on the account of the sweltering summer heat.

The boys got out of the car and walked up to Natalie's front door. Sam door belled while Dean got his badge ready. A petite woman with bright red hair and pasty white skin answered the door.

"Hello?" she said, in a quivering voice. Her eyes looked red from crying.

"Good morning ma'am, we're here to talk to you about what happened with your brother." Dean said, as politely as he could. Both him and Sam flashed their false FBI badges. Natalie looked at their badges, before looking behind her for a brief moment.

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand. There are already two agents here."

The boys shared confused looks, but Natalie lead the boys in anyway, to get them out of the head.

"I didn't know that the FBI were so interested in lake monster," Natalie said, leading them to the kitchen, "here, the other agents are right this way."

Sam and Dean were ushered into the small kitchen, and were shocked to find the girls from the motel sitting at the table, dressed in FBI attire and holding mugs of coffee.

Catherine looked up, and her pleasant smile turned into a frown. Dean returned the look, while Sam and Mae looked at each other awkwardly. Mae stood up and spoke first.

"Hello, I'm agent Bennett, and this is my partner agent Toretto." Mae said, holding out her hand. Sam reached out to shake her hand first, and then Dean did the same.

"Nice to meet you, I'm agent Johnson and this is my partner agent Wilson." Sam said, introducing their fake personas as well.

"I'm afraid there's been a mistake. We were sent here to interview Miss Cartwright. You must have made a mistake." Catherine said, a strain in her voice. Dean continued to glare at her.

"Maybe we should all go outside and discuss this," Dean said, he then turned to Natalie, "I'm sorry Miss Cartwright, we will be back shortly."

The four of them walked out of the hosue, and by the Impala. Dean and Catherine immediately started to argue.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Catherine asked, her hands on her hips.

"I should be asking you the same thing!" Dean retorted. Sam and Mae backed off, and then started to hold their own, quieter, discussion.

"I asked you first!" Catherine said, waiting for Dean to respond.

"I don't have to tell you anything. I bet you're here just to mess with us." Dean accused, pointing a finger at Catherine. She sighed, annoyed.

"Yeah, good job. You solved the case! I'm here just because I wanted to see your stupid ass again." Catherine chuckled as Dean turned red in anger.

"You wanna go for round 2 I won't go easy on you this time." Dean warned.

"Bring it." Catherine said, getting into a fighting stance. Sam cleared his throat and the two of them looked back at Sam and Mae.

"Dean, they're hunters." Sam said, gesturing to the girls.

"You told him!" Catherine asked Mae, shocked that her sister would give away their secret.

"It's ok Cat, so are they." Mae replied.

Dean and Catherine looked at each other, studying the other as if they had just met for the first time.

"No way..." Dean said, in denial.

"Yeah, there's no way this pansy is a hunter." Catherine said, smirking at Dean.

"It's true, I just talked to Sam. They're here to hunt down the lake monster as well." Mae confirmed.

The group stood on the sidewalk awkwardly for a moment before Sam spoke up.

"Well, we never were properly introduced," Sam said, "I'm Sam Winchester, and this is my brother Dean."

"I'm Mae Xavier, this is my sister Catherine." Mae said, gesturing to her and her sister.

"Cat and I have already introduced ourselves." Dean said, Catherine glared at Dean.

"It's Catherine to you, dip shit. Only Mae can call me Cat."

"Whatever you say, Cat."

"Why you..."

"Aright then, what are we gonna do about Natalie? We can't all talk to her." Sam said, trying to bring the group's attention back to the important matters at hand.

"Well, we got word that the guy's body was found by the shore, and that it's at the coroner's office. We were going to stop by and check it out." Mae suggested.

"So, does this mean we're working together?" Catherine said, a little peeved that she would have to work with the boys.

"Yeah, I don't see why not. We can get this done even quicker with four hunters. It'll be a piece of cake." Sam said, glancing over at Dean. Both him and Catherine were crossing their arms over their chests, and avoiding each other's glares.

"Why don't Sam and I go check out the body, while you and Dean go back in and talk to Natalie." Mae offered.

"That sounds like a good idea." Sam replied.

"What?! I don't want to be with him!"

"What?! I don't want to be with her!"

Both Catherine and Dean had spoken, or rather yelled, in unison.

"If this is going to work out, you two have to learn how to get along. Here, I will drive with Mae over to the office in the Camaro while you and Catherine use the Impala to meet us up later, alright?" Sam said to Dean. Dean grumbled a "fine" and told Sam to toss him the keys to the Impala. In mid toss, Catherine snatched the keys out of the air.

"What do you think you're doing?" Dean said, seriously. Catherine giggled and began to swing the key ring around her index finger. "You are not driving."

"I'm going to show you how it's done," Catherine turned and started heading to the house. Mae went to go bring the Camaro around. As she pulled up by the boys, she got out of the driver's seat and slid into the passenger side. Before getting behind the wheel of the Camaro, Sam clamped a hand on Dean's shoulder.

"Good luck."