Part 10

Part 10

Cheryl's Point of View

I walked in to the studio ready for rehearsals. I was the first one there, which was a good thing because it meant I wasn't met with awkward stares as I walked in. Throwing my bag down in the corner, I began to warm up.

“Oh, hey Cheryl. You're here early.” Nicola greeted as she walked in. She put her bag down next to mine and walked over to me and started to warm up as well.

“Yeah, well I wanted to get out of that hotel.” I laughed as I stopped warming up to look at her.

“Is everything okay?” She asked as she stopped warming up and looked back at me.

“No,” I answered truthfully. “But it will be.”

Yesterday, I got into a big argument with Craig. He was angry that I hadn't called him and told him that I was staying at Kimberley's and we both began shouting at each other. The argument lasted all night, and this morning, we still weren't talking. It didn't bother me that much though, because now that I was back in the UK, it was like I didn't need him any more.

“If you want to talk about it, then I'm here.”

“Thanks.”

Just then, the doors opened and Nadine and Sarah walked in, closely followed by Beth. Kimberley was the only one that wasn't here, which was weird because she was never late for anything. Nicola gave me an apologetic smile before going over to see Nadine and Sarah who were both calling her over.

“Has anyone seen Kimberley?” Beth finally asked after we had waited fifteen minutes for Kimberley to show up.

No one had heard from her or seen her this morning. It was unlike Kimberley to not show up without telling anyone.

“Cheryl, your phone is lighting up.” Nicola spoke as she picked up my phone and handed it to me. “It says you've got a text from Kimberley.”

Everyone turned to look at me. I knew they were all thinking the same thing, why was Kimberley texting me and not them. To be honest, even I didn't know the answer to this. Tapping the screen of my phone, I read her text.

“Hey Chez, I'm gonna be late for rehearsals :/ can you let Beth know? I'll be there soon x”

“Sure x” I quickly text her back before turning to face the girls.

“Kimberley says she's running a bit late, but she'll be here soon.” I told them quietly. I don't know why, but whenever I was with them I felt intimidated and scared.

“Why did she text you and not us?” Sarah asked. She was obviously annoyed at me, even though it wasn't my fault.

“It doesn't matter.” Nicola interrupted. “The point is that she's text one of us and that's all that matters. Now, come on let's get to work!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kimberley's Point of View

I sat in front of Justin as he gripped my hand tightly and cried. I felt bad for breaking up with him, but I needed to do it. Now that Cheryl was back, my feelings for him had vanished. I knew he still loved me, but I just didn't feel the same.

“Justin, I'm sorry but I have to.” I sighed, trying to think of a better way to explain myself. “I just don't want to lead you on.”

“Please don't do this Kimberley! If this is because I shouted at you in front of your friend then I'm sorry! Just please don't leave me.” He begged.

“No Justin it's not because of that. I need to do this though, I just don't feel the same way towards you as I used to.” I shifted in the seat uncomfortably. “I think I should get going now, I have rehearsals that I'm already late for. I've brought all of your stuff from mine so you won't need to visit or anything. I hope you find someone that can make you happy.”

“Kimberley... please!” He stood up and grabbed my hand before I could leave through the door. “You're the one that can make me happy.”

“Justin, I can't pretend that I love you any more. I mean, I still do but I think of you as a friend.” I prised my hand free from his grip and rushed out of his apartment before he could follow me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I took a deep breath before entering the studio. As I walked in, everyone turned and stared at me. I had been crying and I knew they had noticed. I wasn't crying because I was sad that I had broke up with Justin, I was crying because I was happy and relieved that I had.

Beth decided to give everyone a break, and as soon as she did, Nadine, Sarah and Nicola ran over to me, swarming me with hugs. I noticed that Cheryl distanced herself and was sitting on the other side of the room, I guessed she didn't want to feel as if she was intruding. Even though she was the only person I really wanted to be around right now.

“Kimberley what happened? You've been crying.” Nadine raised her hand to my cheek, stroking where my tears had once been.

“Nothing bad has happened. Justin and I have broken up.” I shrugged my shoulders, trying not to make it into that big of a deal.

“Did he break up with you? Because if he did, I swear I'm going to get a chainsaw and hi-”

“Sarah, calm down!” I laughed, hitting her softly. “I broke up with him.”

“Why? I thought the two of you were happy. The two of you were perfect for each other!” Nadine seemed more upset by my news than I did. She always did like to have a say in everyone's relationship though, and sometimes it got annoying.

“He was happy, but I wasn't. It doesn't matter though, I'm sure I'll get over it!”

“To be honest, I'm quite glad you left him.” Nicola interrupted. “I mean, he loved you and cared for you, but you deserve a lot better than him. He's so boring, and I don't think he liked me.”

“He did like you Nicola, he just didn't like you when you were drunk.”

“Every time I saw him, the chances were that I was drunk!”

“Hmm.. that's true.” I mumbled, not really paying attention any more. My eyes were focussed on Cheryl who was still sitting on her own. I wished everything could go back to the way it was before. “I'll be back just now.”

I stood up and walked over to the other side of the room. When Cheryl heard me coming, she looked up and smiled at me. I smiled back and took a seat on the floor next to her, we were so close that our arms were touching.

“Hey, you finally showed up!”

“Course I did. Have they spoke to you?” I asked as I rested me head against her shoulder. I felt her arm snake around my waist and rest on my hip.

“Nicola did, she didn't say much but she tried and that's good enough. I mean, I don't expect her to be really close to me again.” She rested her chin on the top of my head. “Where have you been?”

“Did you not hear me telling the other girls?” I was aware that the other girls were staring at us, but I tried my best to block them out. This was mine and Cheryl's moment and it had nothing to do with them.

“No, I wasn't listening. I thought that if you wanted me to know then you'd tell me yourself.”

“Oh, you should have come over when I was talking to them.”

“I didn't feel as if it was my place to. So anyway, what happened?”

“I was just over at Justin's... I broke up with him.”

“What, why?”

“It's complicated!” I sighed, not wanting to tell her that I actually broke up with him because my feelings for her had grown stronger again. “I just don't love him like I used to.”

I should have known Cheryl wasn't going to believe my lie. She was quiet for a moment, and then she whispered. “You broke up with him because I'm back, isn't it?”

“Yes.” I whispered back.