PROLOGUE

"Through thick and thin, I will be there for you. Wether I am miles away or up in the air." This was a promise made by five best friends sitting in circle around a bong slowly getting high. Unlike many people, they really meant those words and it was the only thing they were fully sure about; to be by their long life friends.

Raphaël, Cara, Micah, Liam and Evangeline made this promise to each one another a cold Monday night, a day before school started. They were scared that with their senior year in high school about to take off and all the stress that came with it, that they wouldn't find some time to the fantastic five together. The parties, the college applications and the illness of one of them wouldn't drift them apart too much.

You see, they've been best friends since the 6th grade. It was the weirdest friendship anyone could've thought of but they made it work. They all came from different backgrounds; some we're wealthy, and others not. Others had loving parents while some didn't even have both. However, they looked past that and made it work with all their differences; that's what drew them closers.

To them, they will always be the fantastic five from Palo Alto even if one isn't there physically to complete their dysfunctional pentagon.