Chapter 26

I placed my dishes in the sink and walked back over to the couch. My phone was still on the floor where I dropped it. It didn't have a cracked screen though which I was thankful for. I sat down and curled up. I stared up at the ceiling what hung the fan spin around.

I knew my mom and I didn't like each other at all but I never wished that she would die. So why did she want me to die? What did I ever do to make her hate me that much?

Calum sat down next to me and brushed the hair away from my face. He smiled weakly down at me.

"Hey." He said. "You okay?"

I shook my head and sat up. I wrapped my arms around my knees and placed my head on top.

"What's on your mind?" He asked me and I sighed.

"I just want to know why my mo- um Charlene, wanted me dead so badly. She said,.... She said she wouldn't miss next time." I say a few tears clouded in my eyes.

"I don't know. But she's obviously oblivious to how amazing you are. If she can't see that then it's not you. It's her. She's missing out on getting to know someone amazing." He said while looking me in the eyes.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and wiped away the tears that were in my eyes. I loved him so much, but I know I didn't deserve him. I was putting him in so much danger and here he was comforting me. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Can we go to sleep?" I asked him and he nodded. He wrapped his arms around my waist and we cuddled up on the couch again. I closed my eyes and waited for sleep.

(Time skip)
Calum was sleeping soundly on the couch while my eyes were wide open. I couldn't fall asleep after finding out all this information. I was afraid that if I fell asleep they would take me without even knowing it.

"I love you." Calum whispered in his sleep. "Dalila."

I smiled and kissed his forehead. I also wanted to look out for Calum. I don't know if anybody knew that I was staying at Calum's beside my doctor and Calum. I didn't even tell Aly or Terra. I sighed and closed my eyes again.

My mind wandered to Calum and I's first kiss. The rock. The lake. The fight. The makeup. The night I was kidnapped. The day I was rescued. The moment I found out it was my mom. This moment right here. I stare at Calum's sleeping face and smile.

"I love you too." I say.

His eyes flickered open after I said that. His brown eyes greeted me and he smiled down at me.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi."

"What time is it?" He asked and stretched. I pulled my phone over and the screen flashed causing me to flinch.

"Three." I say.

"That early?" He whines and wraps his arms around me again. "Let's go back to sleep."

"Okay." I close my eyes and lean my head on his chest. He kisses the top of my head and holds me closer.

"Goodnight love." He says and I smile.

"Night. I love you." I say.

"I love you."