Chapter 6 Rough Draft & Message

Hello readers! I know that it's been quite a while. This is an unfinished rough draft for Chapter 6 which I wrote over a year ago but never posted. Having found it recently and having received so much amazing support from all of you, I knew that I had to share it. I'm not sure as of now what will happen with The Hogwarts Quest but hope that it will still continue to be read and enjoyed by old and new readers alike. 

Harry's POV

After breakfast, Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked outside towards their Care of Magical Creatures class. As they got closer to the forming crowd near Hagrid's hut and the Forbidden Forrest, Harry saw that they would be sharing the class with the Slytherins and couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed. However, even this couldn't distract Harry from what he had been thinking about all last night.

They hadn't told them everything. True, they hadn't lied about anything but they had left some parts out when he, Ron, and Hermione had explained about what had happened during the last few years. It was still a subject difficult to talk about and probably would be for the rest of their lives. Ron hadn't mentioned anything about Fred either. Harry couldn't blame him, it was too personal and too soon. He too had not mentioned many people unless they had been crucial to the explantation and it wasn't that he wanted to forget about them but it also wasn't just because of the time restraint.

"Those lobsters?" Dean, who arrived less than a minute after them, asked. He pointed to a wide, but not very tall metal cage, with a quarter-dozen crustaceans. They did look very similar to lobsters aside form the fact that they were grey with green spots.

"Mackled Malaclaws," Hagrid corrected, coming out of his hut wearing a pair of large brown leather oven mitts. By then, all of the students were circled around Hagrid and the funky looking lobsters. "Don't let 'em bite. Cause dimwitted fishermen plenty o' trouble."

He opened the cage and took one of the creatures out, holding it up to show everyone. It wiggled its spindly legs and snapped its claws menacingly in Hagrid's giant oven gloved hands. "One bite from one 'o these and yeh'll be stuck with up ter a week o' bad luck. Yeh don't wan' te be eating these either. Nasty fevers and horrible green rashes." Just as said this, Harry saw the Mackled Malaclaw move it's head and pinch one of the brown oven gloves, which Harry realized was it trying to bite with it's small lobster-like mouth. "Great fer safe baking, great fer keeping all me bets fer the week," Hagrid said, noticing the magical crustacean's hostile attempt.

As the class ended and the students started to their next classes, Hagrid hastily called Harry, Ron, and Hermione over. 

"What is it?" Hermione asked, obviously not wanting to be late for their next subject.

"I was, err, wondering if the class seemed a bit boring today," Hagrid said, looking slightly ashamed as he scratched his head. "I know I should'a done summat more excitin' or interestin'."

"It's still very useful information to know," Harry replied, trying to cheer him up.

"Yea," Ron added on."My mum told me how one of her cousins got bitten once, and how he had to stay locked up in his room for days, trying to avoid as much catastrophe as he could. Still broke his collar bone when one of the legs of his chair he was sitting on snapped. His his face on his desk on the way down to the floor too. Broke both his nose and the desk."

"Yeh know, jus' been so busy around 'ere after the war. Hadn' really bin able ter prepare right, should'a though."

Thank you so much for your support and patience. I truly could never have asked for such a wonderful fanbase.

If you have any questions for me of any kind, please feel free to ask them in the comments. I will make sure to answer them as best I can.