The Alibi

I have always been unfortnate in all things. Nothing ever goes right for me, and maybe this is just me pitying myself. I tend to do that a lot. But I rather everything go wrong for me, so things can go right for others. For example, one day in a supermarket parking lot I helped a woman carry her bags to her car. That might not seem like a big gesture, but when you have two young hyperactive boys with you, you can use as much help as you can get. After I helped her with her bags, I realized I missed the Transit Bus. The woman took off, and I was left in the cold. And then it started to rain, so I had to walk home in the freezing rain. If I didn't help the lady I would have made it to my bus, but I didn't mind.

My dad said that was going to be my downfall in life, making others happiness first and mines second. My dad's a dick. He believes in screwing others over to get what he wants.

He doesn't care about anyone but himself.

I've never even realized this, but when you're younger you let things go. It first came to my attention a year ago, when my mom got sick. At first it started off as a random cold, but it eventually began to get worse. She started to cough out blood, she would get really high fevers, and she was constantly weak. All of this was very unexpected I knew something was wrong though, and I knew that my dad thought so too. It wasn't until we went to the hospital and the doctor told us what was wrong with her.

My mom was diagnosed for acute myeloid leukemia on October 12th, 2014.

It's a type of blood cancer.

Heartbreaking wasn't even the correct word to describe what I felt. Everything seemed to fall apart after that. My dad started to not come home at all, at first I thought it was just him being heartbroken about mom. Now I realized he was just to busy with his new girlfriend to come home. Once my older brother, Warren, found out hell finally flooded through my home. Dad and Warren began to argue and fight over everything until it finally lead to physical violence. Warren busted dad's nose and dad gave Warren a black eye. Although my mom was sick, she wasn't as sick back then as she is now. So I witnessed my mom tell my dad that he needed to get the hell out of the house.

Unfortunately I witnessed him say this "Fine but once you die, and that's obviously going to happen quite soon, wait for me in hell Karen." My mom flinched like he just slapped her across the face and that's where I really wanted to kill him. She told us to do nothing though, every moment was precious. There were days when she was to weak to move, so when she was able to stand and walk we had to take it for granted. We couldn't spend our time on the fact that my dad was a complete asshole, we just didn't have time.

Time was important. It was also limited.

At this point we started to lose the battle. Not just with my moms sickness but money problems began to show up. Although the house and car was completely paid off we couldn't keep up with the medical bills or the electric and gas bill. It was just one giant mess. I could live with the lights being off, I couldn't live with the fact that my mom wasn't getting the best care that she needed because we were to poor for it.

This is where we decided that we needed to figure out a way to get money. Warren and I called up the only family that we knew; Our Aunt Casey and Cousin Caleb. Aunt Casey was moms adoptive sister, although they weren't blood related that never came between them. Mom loved Aunt Casey so much and would help her with any problem that she had. Now it was Aunt Casey's turn to do so, so her and Caleb moved in with us and began to help.