12 days before

copyright © pcykai
+ lowercase intended

12 days before: ❝park jimin, park jimin...❞

the time tells that it's four o'clock. it's early sunday morning in cell. the air feels very thick, like something solid, but it barely there. but it is not a form of synesthesia, everyone feels it, the enclosed space makes most people can't breathe normally like everyone else from the outside, and the smell of irony bodies rush into someone's lungs. no wonder why they are described as an iron, blood contains iron and those bodies are covered in so much blood.

jasine walks through the hallway of the level d, which is the lowest floor under the surface. she pass the most dangerous dungeon almost everyday, and that's what she calls it, because it is a dungeon for someone who didn't do anything wrong but got blamed for killing her abusive boyfriend. some people say that she drowned him in a deep swimming pool and they believe that she has two personalities, and one of them is being a psychopath, but that is what they say.

the truth is that her boyfriend got killed by her best friend, because she was helping her to beat him up and drown him in the swimming pool but then she ran away after the incident, and jasine is the only one there until the police started to show up outside her boyfriend's house after being told by the neighbor that they heard someone was screaming for help.

on her way to the canteen, the morning guards keep their eyes open until twelve, then they switch up with the other guards, jasine just notices it yesterday after living in the cell for almost three and a half years. police officers hold their guns tightly, walking around the corner and keeping their eyes on her until they hear a loud shooting noise comes from the other side of the canteen.

stand there, two men, who are fighting against one policeman, one of them shoot him in the forehead and the other policemen starting to shoot both of the men from upstairs balcony with their heavy snipers. the police officers tell everyone to go back to their cell, just before jasine can touch her deliciously well—made breakfast.

all eyes are no longer on foods, women are turning their heels back to their cells, and some of them are hiding under the table.

there's always commotion and riot in the canteen, which is really bothering for someone who wants to start a new life, and for everyone who wants to live their lives in peace.

jasine runs away, dragging her heavy feet throughout the hallway. she hides herself behind the canteen's counter top, which is in the kitchen. she feels nothing like a relief with her action, and this isn't helping her much.

her heart starts beating faster than she ever thinks. heart beats feel like a tachycardia, even greater than hundreds beats per minute. body trembling as if someone shakes both of her shoulders to snap out of something, and gunshots feel like a music to her fingers, dancing shakily to the loud noises, causing jasine to slap them over to the kitchen counter. she shakes her head and cries over to her knees, clearly wants everything to stop and hopes to herself to wake up from her worst nightmare. her fist places right between her upper teeth and her lower teeth. the feeling of digging her teeth to her beautiful skin isn't her habit, and it's not peculiar either, but her anxiousness makes her feel very furious.

in this kind of situation, she doesn't want to be seen. not just by the police, but with anyone who's in jail, not even her cell—mates.

jasine takes a really deep breath and peeks through the little space of the stacks of empty bottles. her eyes squeeze up, both of them are now looking like thin lines, they're focusing on one object which is the police who is starting to approach to her direction.

suddenly, goosebumps rise on her skin as she gets shocked by a young man who just touches her shoulder. she jumps in fright, backing away from the counters.

it's her first time meeting this man with such beautiful bright eyes and plump lips. he is looking straight to jasine's eyes. he opens his mouth to say something but he gets cut off by the sound of shoes tapping on the hard floor. he tells jasine to duck her head very quietly, and takes her hand.

both of them are crouching until the police isn't near them, then they start to run towards the end of the hallway. they're looking for the exits, the way out from this hell hole. unfortunately, they don't know where to go and they don't remember any ways to get out.

"this way," the man says, dragging jasine to the right and left.

it feels like they're in a dark labyrinth. and jasine doesn't even have to ask the man about where is he taking her because she's sure that he's talking her to the nearest exit. but they're too blind to see hallways made out with a boring dusty grey semen and heavy metal doors. they keep looking for an exit but whenever they find it, there are always guards who watches the doors.

but then, there are smiles on their faces when they finally see an emergency door. and no one is there to look after it. they're running, still hand in hand, the man turns his head to look at jasine and his lips curve into a smile.

they try to open the door by pressing the handle. it's three times heavier than a normal emergency door, but they make it. the sound of their shoes echoing the room full of stairs. they're running again and they don't feel exhausted. suddenly, they pause on the level b, they stop for a minute, wasting a bit of their time to look at each other's face.

"thank you," jasine says. it only takes five seconds to say it and now they're back running again.

when they stand just before the exit door, the man opens the door carefully and the sun starts to appear. it's beautiful, they think. now they are walking very slowly, like tiptoeing their feet to a dirt. they hide behind the parking cars to rest a little bit.

"what's your name?" jasine questions.

"i'm–"

just before he could finish his sentences, someone press a gun to his head, "put your hands up," the police says, telling him to turn his head to the right, "you too, put your hands behind your neck, and don't move!"

then another police comes to their directions and stands behind both of them while pressing their neck into the ground, cuffing both of their hands. jasine and this mysterious man are looking at each other's eyes before the man whispers something that she could barely hear.

her face tells him that she is confused and she asks him what's he trying to say.

"jimin. park jimin." he smiles before the police separate them and put them back in their cells.

while sitting on the edge of her bed, jasine keeps saying park jimin's name until she drift off into a deep sleep. just in case she forgot.

oh look i made a new fanfiction. i just hope u like it.