CHAPTER 26

Sherlocks POV

Sherlock was sure his heart would beat its way out of his chest. His stomach was churning and his face was flushed red.

He was so happy. John lay in Sherlocks arms and he was sure he would never experience a feeling like this ever again.

"I'm just going to the store, do you - Oh! S-sorry," Mrs. Hudson stuttered, opening the door to the flat. Both Sherlock and John fell onto the floor in surprise.

"Mrs. Hudson - " Sherlock started.

"It's  about bloody time!" She interrupted, a knowing smile on her face. "I'll leave you to it then, shall I?"

Hearing the door downstairs slam shut, both men turned to each other, erupting into laughter.

"Oh, God," John said, wiping a tear of laughter from his cheek. He turned to face Sherlock, whose face was now serious. "Sherlock? What is it?" As he said it, he leant forward and put a comforting hand on Sherlocks knee. He was still getting used to Johns electrifying touch.

"How long have you known?" He ventured.

"Known what?"

"That - that you had feelings for me?" Sherlock winced as the words came out, sounding pathetic and childish. He clenched his jaw, trying to keep the blush out of his cheeks.

Johns face softened, a shy smile appearing. "I was always...attracted, to you, Sherlock. But I guess I didn't really know how much I felt for you until after The Fall. When you weren't around."

Johns POV

John felt like he had just laid himself bare in front of Sherlock. He struggled to keep the embarrassment out of his voice as he asked, "When did you know?"

Sherlock sighed, and kept his eyes fixed firmly on the ground as he spoke. "It was just after our first case, the one you so aptly named 'A Study In Pink.' You - you didn't leave. I was so sure you would just be another person that walks out of my life when they realise who I am. But, you accepted me. You were the only one. That...really meant something to me, John. Thank you."

John felt tears pricking his eyes. He moved so that he sat next to Sherlock, and rested his head on his shoulder.

"Sherl, I'm really fucking glad I stayed."

A.N.
Sorry this chapter is so short >.< I'm kind of dealing with writers block right now.
Also, thank you so much for 5K reads! You guys are amazing xx