Chapter 42

Chapter 42

*Emi's POV*

"This is amazing news! I can't believe my little sister is growing up so fast..." Makoto held onto my shoulders as he smiled down at me, gleaming with happiness. I returned the favor, grinning uncontrollably as I held the letter in my hands. "You better keep in contact when you go!"

"Don't be silly, I will always stay in contact with the family. Besides, the flight is 2 weeks away, so I will still be here." I hit him playfully, shaking my head at his comment. For a moment, we both stared at each other, until I felt a tear run down my cheek. He frowned, wiping the tear away with his finger. "We're going to be far away from each other again..."

"Australia and Tokyo, huh? At least we're closer than last time, right?" He reasoned, however I still looked down, saddened at the thought of travelling once again. "Just remember, we can visit each other whenever we want to."

"I know... but I won't be able to see you whenever I want to like now... Or any of the others..."  I replied, as a dismal look made it's way onto my face. Suddenly, he pulled me towards him, engulfing me into a hug.

"Just think about it like this... As soon as you get there, the less time there is until you see us all again. Don't worry about us, when you're in Australia you need to focus on your studies, ok?" He patted my head, beaming at me.

"Yeah....Ok..." His words made a small smile appear, despite my situation. "Looks like I'll have to say bye to everyone within these next two weeks."

"Don't say it like that! It's not a goodbye... it's a 'See you soon' sort of thing!" He puffed his cheeks out, whilst grabbing onto mine and pulling.

"That hurts you know!" I tried whining out, although it turned into a loud muffle, which made Makoto giggle. Hastily, I swatted his hand away in embarrassment whilst rubbing my now red cheek in an attempt to make the pain subside.

"Let's go and tell the others!" Makoto grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the room, not aware that I was about to fall over.

"Wait... Makoto!!!"

.

.

.

'So... I packed all of my clothes... what's next? ' I thought as I stuffed as many clothes as I could into the suitcase, looking around for more things that I would take with me.

"You know, you aren't going to fit anything else in that case If you pack like that." I heard a familiar voice at my room, which made me whip my head up in surprise.

"Mom!" I smiled, jumping up and throwing my arms around her. "How come you're here?"

"Why wouldn't I be here? My daughter has just gotten a once in a lifetime opportunity and you expect me to ignore it?" She laughed, kissing my forehead. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks..." I chuckled, not letting go of her. "Is dad here?"

"Yeah, he is downstairs, I just thought I would help you with packing as Makoto told me about your skills with packing," She snickered, looking at my poor excuse of a suitcase. I puffed my cheeks out in annoyance as she walked over to it, pulling all of my clothes out that I had already packed.

"Hey! It took me forever to pack that!" I complained, looking at her smirk that was clearly visible on her face.

"I'll pack these for you, go downstairs and eat." She waved her hands, as if to dismiss me. I nodded, rolling my eyes at her stubbornness. Without any more hesitation, I ran downstairs to be greeted with two figures running at full speed towards me. I immediately toppled over, with the pair of twins on top of me, grinning mischievously. Shaking my head, I sat up and grabbed both of their heads, ruffling their hair.

"That was a nice way of greeting you're older sister, wasn't it?" I raised my eyebrows at the two, that cowered back as I stared at them.

"It was Ran! She came up with the idea!" Ren shouted, pointing his finger at Ran accusingly. She responded by sticking her tongue out at him and threw herself onto my body, hugging me. Ren saw her hugging me, and decided to join by also, throwing himself on me, which made me fall back down.

"I've missed you two..."

.

.

.

*Rin's POV*
*A few weeks later*

I threw my towel around my neck, breathing heavily as I left the poolside. I held my bottle in one hand, and I used my other hand to ruffle the towel through my hair that was soaking. Sighing, I walked back up to the dorm and shut the door behind me quickly.

"Yo, Sousuke." I put my bottle on the table and then looked over to him. He had his head down and was hunched over, but I could see his phone in his hand. Raising my eyebrows, I made my way over to him walking slowly. As soon as he noticed me, he flinched slightly, however he quickly shut his phone off and shook his head.

"Oh, hey." He nodded, lying down on the messy bunk.

"Looks like I'll be going tomorrow..." I frowned, looking at the suitcases that had been packed. The room was pretty much empty, and all that was left were the beds and duvets. Everything had been cleared from the desks, thankfully I wasn't roommates with Nitori, so I didn't have to endure the painful task of rearranging and cleaning the desk yet again.

"Hmm..." Sousuke mumbled in response, now looking up at the metal bars of the bunk.

"Be sure to call me, ok?" I stared at him as he failed to acknowledge my existence. Instead of replying, he glared at the bars. "Sousuke... are you ok?"

"W-What? Oh yeah, I am." He answered bluntly.

"No you aren't, what's wrong?..." I trailed off as he sat up.

"I'm sorry..." He muttered, now looking down again. He probably thought that I didn't hear that, however I did, which resulted in me grabbing his shoulders, making him look at me.

"What happened, Sousuke?" I asked seriously, watching him intently.

"It's...." He stopped for a moment, as if trying to choose his words wisely. "It's Emi... She's gotten a scholarship..."

"Oh... well, that's amazing, I'm truly happy for her." I nodded, letting go of his shoulders. "I'm going for a run."

"No, Rin. You don't understand..." He looked up at me. "The scholarship is based in Australia."
.
.
.
A/N: I always get to author's notes, but then I forget what I'm going to say. Anyways, hopefully you enjoyed this chapter! C:

Toxic

Snapchat: rinsbitch