continue

song 》roslyn ▪ bon iver

CLAIRE POV

Mum came from out of her room looking torn up and tired as hell. I shut the front door behind me before going to fix her a cup of tea.

"How was your day, sweetheart?" She asked throwing in two sugar cubes and stirring them around with the tiny,skinny spoon.

"It was alright, we hung out with the boys for a while and then took a nap in his hotel room. Kinda the same thing I do everyday but now it's more exciting." I shrugged, taking a sip of my own tea. "You left the door open, I didn't know if you knew that. And all the lights." I said to her, my finger motioning in the direction of all the lights about the apartment.

"It was a busy day, I was ready to crash." She waved me off and I smiled at her.

"Well I'm gonna go off to my room, you should get yourself rested up. You look dead mum."

"I feel as I look." She sauntered off to her room and I cleaned up the mess from the tea.

I shut off all the lights and made sure the door was locked before heading into my room.

I'd never felt so foreign in my room before. I was gone for only two days, but it felt like months.

I flopped on my bed on my back and opened the side table's drawer. In there was previous letters, drafts I never sent and mass amounts of notebooks and writing utensils.

I folded the letter back in threes and shoved it in the drawer before grabbing a pen and a loose leaf paper. I was getting all giddy inside and decided to think before spilling all of my emotions out onto paper.

Hey Luke,
I'll admit, I feel a bit weird after reading what you said, though I'm probably going to scream my heart out later. I've admired you as a person for years now, but finally meeting you, it's something more now. I can't quite put my finger on it, what made you choose me out of all the other beautiful fans. Maybe it was our strange encounter, or maybe my letter stood out the most to you. Regardless, it's literally a dream come true to read those words. And after all these years, the bad jokes, cheeky smiles, great songs, and you four boys just being idiots, I can finally say it. Through the letters I found out how much more great of a person you were, how great of a person I wanted to be for you. Who would've thought, just ten months ago, you didn't even know I existed. But now, you're saying three words I didn't know would come so soon, and from you for that matter. I've never had any luck with relationships either, but with you, I don't have to pull out the cover up I'd use just to make things work. I can be myself. And it's lovely. You're lovely. And honestly, I wouldn't trade the world for these past few days. I hope after you leave you'll come back and we can relive them.

I love you, Luke.

With much love

Clairissa

◇◇◇◇◇◇
Hello friends
Long time no see
Happy new year
Here's a little something for ya
I may or may not add another lil something to this if you'd like
Have a great 2016
love you guys
xoxo