something whenever you leave

Maddie's P.O.V

I woke up the next day in a hospital bed. I blinked, adjusting to the bright lights in the room and as I looked around I saw Jordan and Ashton sat on the seats by the window, quietly flirting with each other and I saw Jordan giggled. He was so lucky to have her back.

Jade and Luke were standing by the door, whispering and Luke's eyes were constantly flickering between me and Jade. When he saw me sit up he rushed to my side and held my hand and I winced as I felt the pain in my ribs.

"Guys she's awake. Are you okay baby?" Luke asked and Ashton and Jordan stopped their flirting and looked over to me. I nodded before groaning at the amazing headache I had. Note the sarcasm. I rubbed my eyes with the palm of my hand and Luke gave me a small smile.

"What happened?" I asked and Luke let out a breath. "Calum got you. He didn't do much thank god but he threw a few punches and had you on the floor, kicking you. That's when I ran in and told Ashton and Jordan to bring you here. I told Jade to stay in the living room and me and Calum had a talk." He glanced at his bandaged wrists. "Sorry." He said and I shook my head.

"It wasn't your fault." I whispered, my throat dry.

"Happy birthday by the way." Luke smiled and my heart broke. I was meant to be in Paris with Michael, not in a hospital with bruised ribs.

"We'll get you some coffee." Ashton said and dragged Jordan out of the room. They were most probably going to make out in a janitors closet on the way or some shit. Jade excused herself to go to the bathroom and it was just me and Luke.

"What's wrong?" I asked Luke since he was frowning. He looked up at me and brought his lip ring between his teeth. "I saw the letter Michael gave you." He murmured and my heart broke just a little more. "I know you're supposed to be in Paris right now." He said and I let a few tears escape and fall free down my face.

"Do you still love him?" Luke asked and I gave him a confused look.

"Of fucking course I do Luke! He was my first ever love and not to mention he's fucking dead!" I raised my voice and Luke let out a stifled laugh.

"What?" I asked, quirking a brow.

"I found out something about Michael yesterday." He laughed, unhooking his hand from mine and walked over to the window.

"Remember Emily? Michael told you about her right?" He said and I nodded my head.

"Well he must have told you about how in love I was with her and how she loved me." Luke said, shaking his head. "Well anyways Emily and Michael were actually cousins. So incest happened." I became more confused at Luke's words now and just waited for him to continue.

"Emily was fucking Michael, her cousin, behind my back. While we were dating may I add. Turns out your lover boy was actually a twisted and fucked up person. Not as perfect as we all thought." He started laughing even more and I became annoyed.

"Why the fuck are you bringing this up now? They're both dead!" I said and Luke shook his head for the one hundredth time in the past ten minutes. "And does it matter if I still love him? What do you expect me to do huh? Cheat on you with him? Newsflash Luke, he's gone. He's gone and he's never coming back. Just remember that you prick." I muttered before stepping out of bed and getting my phone from the bag one of the guys' brought. I fished my phone out and found Julie's number.

I let it ring for a while before she finally answered. "Hey Maddie! How's your foster family?" She asked on the other end. "Great." I said through gritted teeth, my eyes burning into Luke's. "Can you find a new home for me?" I asked and she let out a sigh.

"What's happened?" She asked and I explained everything from Michael dying to now. "So you're in a hospital right now?" She asked and I replied with a blunt 'yes' and she told me she'd pick me up and bring me back to hers and then tomorrow we'd speak to Liz and she'd move me to another house.

"Bye." I said and looked for some clothes in my night bag. I silently thanked God when I found a pair of grey sweatpants and a black jumper. I looked at Luke who was sat by the window, admiring the view.

"Can you get out so I can change." I said harshly and he walked out of the room, slamming the door on his way out. I groaned but changed into clean underwear and a bra, throwing my clothes over the top. I brushed through my hair and threw it into a ponytail and grabbed my toothbrush and tooth paste, walking over to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I was finished I walked back into my room and threw some socks on and then my black Converse.

I'm going to have to thank who ever packed my bad. Life saver.

Julie walked into the room and looked over to me. I was sat on the bed, sobbing to myself as I played with the sleeved of the jumper I was wearing. It had a picture of Mickey and Minnie mouse on it with a love heart. Fucking cartoon characters could have a successful relationship and I couldn't.

"Maddie, I'm so sorry." Julie walked over to me and sat next to me on the bed, pulling me in for a hug. I quietly sobbed into her shoulder. "Just let it all out." She whispered, rubbing my back for comfort and I cried harder and harder until there were no tears left.

"Let's get you out of here." She whispered and I nodded, wiping the tears away with the sleeve of my jumper. We both stood up and I grabbed my bag before we both walked out of the room.

Luke looked up at me and I told Julie to go to the car and that I'd be there in a few minutes.

"And where the fuck are you going?" Luke said, standing up and towering over me. I rolled my eyes at his sudden worried attitude since just minutes ago he was blaming me for loving Michael as if it was a bad thing.

"I'm leaving." I said as if it wasn't a big deal. "You'll be back tomorrow right?" He asked and I let out a soft laugh. "I'm not coming back. I'll be back tomorrow for my stuff but that's it. See you later." I said, turning around but a hand was hooked around my arm pulling me back. "Get the fuck off of me." I growled and his grip tightened, causing me to cry out in pain.

"You're hurting me." I said, trying to break free from Luke's grip but he just held on tighter.

"I don't fucking care if I'm hurting you. You're already hurting me by leaving." He snarled and pushed my shoulder, causing me to fall to the floor. What the fuck?!

My head hit the floor and I groaned. "Excuse me, I'm going to need you to get away from her." A boy told Luke. "Or what?" Luke smirked and the boy looked down at me. "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded my head and he stuck a hand out for me. I took it and brushed myself down.

"Don't ever think about contacting me again!" I cry, pointing at Luke. "You and I are done." And with that, I left.