chapter 2: The Crime

As I looked upon the children's bodies I just gasped in amazement, telling myself I did the right thing. I took a step back as my heart skipped a beat.

I finally did it.

I didn't think I had it in me...to take away the pain..to kill..but I guess everybody has it in them. As I moved the bodies in the wet cold alley, all I could think was "this is a total dream" and "I'll wake up any moment". But I never did.
I positioned the bodies in a way, that was respectful yet declaring a statement. I wanted everyone to know my purpose. Which I hope was made clear. I disposed of the apples, in my backpack picking up all three..with just a bite mark in each.

"What are you doing here?!"

I shook with terror as I turned around crying

"I SAID WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

I tilted my head and began speaking softly back "I...used to know these kids..."

The shadow approached me as I started backing up. "That's sad that they didn't last. They look about 10 at most."

I just nodded as he went on about how he wanted to do so much for them, provide them with a family or home. But trust is, I've seen that man a million times and not once did he do what he claimed. He just laughed and walk away as usually. Luckily not many of the little girls were left on the streets or he'd get to them too.. In the worse way.

I started walking away sobbing and ran down the street, but the man remained the same and lets just say no bodies were found the next day.