Chapter 18

Angel's POV

It's been hours. I'm not exactly sure if it is hours but it sure feels so. I'm pretty sure I'm not that far away from Jacob or else I'd be in utter pain. I am in pain now but it's bearable. Being away from your mate hurts one deeply. It's even worse for the ones who are marked.

I really hope he understood what I was trying to say. 

I heard the sound of footsteps and a man appeared. He held a tray in his hand with some food. He kept it beside me. I just glared at him.

"Listen I'm sorry about beating you up. My dad would have killed me if I didn't listen to him." he whispered to me.

"Your dad?" I asked.

"Yes, the one who pulled your hair." he replied.

"Oh." I said.

"I brought you some food. I'll keep guard as you eat." he said and I nodded. 

I drank some water and started to eat.

"Do you like what your dad is doing?" I asked.

"What? Of course not." he said.

"Then why not stop him." I asked, "Why isn't anyone trying to stop him?"

"My mom tried to. He did this before. Kidnapping another girl from another pack and the Alpha handed him the pack because they were too weak to save her. When my mom finally decided to leave him he-" he stopped and I could see some tears in his eyes.

"He killed her." he said with so much hatred in his voice.

"I'm so sorry." I said.

"It's ok. It's not your fault or anything." he said.

"You miss her don't you?" I asked looking at him.

"More than anything in the world. She was like the coolest mom ever. She'd always have a smile on. She was a really bad cook too." he chuckled.

I giggled.

"Umm what's your name?" I asked.

"Jason." he answered.

"Well Jason want to help me get out of here and stop you father from his sick ways?" I asked.

"I'd love to but do you have a plan?" he asked.

"Here's what you're gonna do. In the video message I told my mate how to come find me. I need you to go find him and tell him I'm ok. Lead him here and make him wait. Then set me free and we can both leave this hell hole. You could join our pack. Then we can plan how to bring down you dad." I said

"Sure." he said.

"Jason?" I said.

"Yeah?" he answered.

"Thank you." I said smiling at him.

"No problem." he replied.

He then left taking the tray with him and all I had to do was wait.

Jacob's POV

We reached to the final place that she directed us to. We then started to follow her scent. My wolf was very jumpy right now. He couldn't wait to see his mate again and neither could I. 

We heard a sound in the bushes and some guy came out. I glared at him and was about to shift. I knew that he was a rogue. 

Just as I was about to shift he spoke, "Which here is Angel's mate?" 

"I am." I said still glaring at him.

"Well she sent me here. She wanted me to tell you that she is fine. We have a plan to get her out of there." he said.