Shawn/Jonathan: A Restaurant Proposal

Shawn's P.O.V.
It's Jonathan and I's 3 year anniversary and I'm planning on proposing to him. I got the ring last week. It's a simple silver band with a small diamond. He's not big on flashy jewelry so I hope he likes it. It's 6:30 and I have to pick him up at 7. I check my pockets for my wallet, keys, flowers and the ring. All there. I head out to my car and get inside. I start the car and put the radio on. I turn onto the street where he lives and pull into his driveway. I get the flowers and get out of the car. I go up to the door and knock on it. He opens the door and he looks breath taking. "Hey babe." He says, smiling.

Jonathan's P.O.V.
30 minutes earlier
I just got out of the shower to hear my phone chiming, alerting me of a text message. I unlock my phone and see it's a message from Shawn: Hey, babe. I'm heading out now. I text a quick reply and start getting dressed. As I go downstairs, I hear a knock at the door. I go to open it and see Shawn looking so cute. He's wearing a polo shirt with black slacks and the dress shoes I bought him last month for his birthday. "Hey babe." I say, smiling.

Shawn's P.O.V.
I hand him the flowers and he sniffs them and sighs at the pleasant scent. "Thanks, hun." He says, blushing. "I have your gift on the sofa. Just let me get it and we can head out." He says, walking to the living room. I stand outside, waiting patiently. He comes back, closes and locks the door. I lead him to the car, where I open the door for him. When he is situated, I close the door and walk to the driver's side. I open the door and get in. Before I start the car, I lean over and kiss him passionately. I pull away, smirking, knowing I aroused him. He blushes, hands me a gift bag and says "Here you go, babe." I open up the bag and remove the tissue paper and fold it. I take the object out and see that it's a journal and a Little Mermaid DVD. I turn to Jonathan and smile. "Oh, Jon! Thanks babe. You'll get your gift at dinner." He kisses me and I kiss him back with the same amount of passion. I start the car and drive to La Terrasita. It's where we had our first date, so it's the perfect place to propose to Jon. I pull in and he looks surprised. "La Terrasita! We haven't been here in over a year!" He says, excitedly. I smile at him and nod for us to go inside. Since I made reservations last month, we were seated immediately. I ordered what I usually get from here and so did Jonathan. After we finished eating, I was beginning to feel nervous. Jonathan comes back from the bathroom and sits down. I mentally, sigh and begin my speech. As I finish up, I get down on one knee next to Jonathan. He gasps and starts welling up. "Jon, my love. My heart. Will you make me the happiest man in the world by marrying me?" I ask opening up the ring box. "Yes, Shawn! I will marry you." I stand up and pull him into a hug. He kisses me and the whole restaurant bursts into applause. We're both crying softly. The waiters bring out a bottle of champagne in honor of the engagement. I've never been so happy in all my life.