Chapter 1: All about live

After class the fairies assembled in the dining hall. Miss Faragonda had a message for all of them.

“This Friday there will be a party here at Alphea for the specialists and yourself. I expect that you will behave with the utmost respect. Remember that you are representing Alphea.” She also told them about what would happen at the party.

“Finally, a party.” Stella exclaimed when they were dismissed. “I’m gonna call Brandon. See you later.” She said and then ran off to somewhere.

“Wow, I’m so looking forward to this. It’s gonna be so exciting.” Flora said while she folded her hands in front of her chest, like she was praying to God that it would be true.

“Well, um, I have to go too.” Musa said, already walking.
As soon as she was far enough away from her friends she dialed Riven’s number on her phone.

When Riven picked up the phone Musa said at once: “Hi, did you hear about the party here at Alphea on Friday?”

“Yeah, I heard.”

“So, um, I was wondering if we are going to be together that night or if we’re going to pretend we don’t like each other?” Musa clenched the phone, nervous because she had actually asked him about it.

“Let’s just see how it works out on Friday. Let them find out if they want to.”

“So, if I want to kiss you, and the others are there too, I can?” She giggled shortly.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t mind that.”

“When did that start?”

“What?”

“That new positive thinking of yours? I quite like it.” She said with an approving nod, even though he couldn’t see it.

“I changed it because of you. You wanted the others to know about it so badly, so I’m trying to be considerate.” He didn’t get mad. He was actually smiling.

“Thank you, Riven.” She was grateful to him. She had really fallen for the right guy.

“See you on Friday, Musa.”

“See you.”

They both hung up.

Friday afternoon

Musa tried on a lot of dresses, but none of them was good enough. After some time she gave up and went to Stella. “Could I borrow one of your dresses?”

“Well, of course, sweetie.” She poked around in her closet to find a beautiful dress; it was a dark red color with no back, it reached all the way down to her feet, the upper part of it was glittering with small diamonds and it had a V-cut in front. It looked perfect on her.

“It’s perfect. Thank you, Stella.” Musa hugged her as an extra thank you.

“You’re welcome. But why couldn’t you just use one of your own? You have many gorgeous dresses.”

“They just weren’t good enough.”

“They’re good enough for this kind of party. Unless you have another special reason to be dressed extra beautifully. Is Daniel coming?” Again she was pressing for information.

“You could say that.” Musa said nervously.
Musa took off the dress again and went to take a shower.
At half past six she was done with her hair and makeup, so she only needed to put on her dress.

Okay, half an hour left, Musa thought as she felt the panic inside of her.
She didn’t think it would feel this nerve-racking to tell all of them about herself and Riven. Well, they weren’t exactly going to tell them; she would definitely want to kiss Riven when she saw him, so it wasn’t really up to them if the others saw them or not.

A quarter to seven!

They started to walk towards the dining hall, which was now decorated to fit a party. The tables were gone so there would be plenty of room to dance. Most of the girl of Alphea was already in there.
The specialists would arrive at seven o’clock.

It was now seven o’clock and the guys were starting to arrive, but there was yet no sign of Riven. As soon as the girls saw someone they knew they went to talk to them. Five minutes past before Riven entered the door.
Musa couldn’t stop the smile from showing on her face, nor did she want to. She ran to him and made sure he had seen her before she threw her arms around his neck. As a reflex Riven put his arms around her waist, then hugged her tightly.

“I’ve missed you.” Riven whispered in her ear.

“I’ve missed you too.” Musa replied.

Stella gaped at them. “Is that…?”

“It is!” Brandon answered his girlfriend, also surprised to see Riven and Musa together.

“But…I thought she said his name was Daniel.”

“Yeah, and Riven told us that his girlfriends name was Brianna.”

Riven placed his hand on her cheek and thereby made her look up. He kissed her gently on her mouth.
He didn’t find it appropriate to kiss her hard and passionately when they weren’t alone.
Musa returned the kiss immediately.