Touch Pt 2

The next day Louis wakes up to the sound of his alarm blaring, and with a resigned sigh, he gets up to get ready for school.

It’s only when he’s staring at his reflection in the mirror, toothbrush hanging half way out of his mouth, that he remembers his conversation with Harry last night.

Breath hitching, he chokes on minty foam as he hurries out of the bathroom and into his bedroom, frantically searching for his phone.

“C’mon” he mumbles unintelligibly.

He shakes out his covers, listening for the soft thud of the phone as it falls on the carpeted floor. Snatching it up quickly, he checks his messages, gulping down a breath of surprise and some more foam. The proof is right there, he definitely didn’t dream his conversation with Harry.

He stares at the phone in his hand, not quite believing his eyes, and yelps surprised when the thing comes to life, buzzing away and tickling the palm of his hand.

‘Good morning Lou!’

He stares down at the screen for a few seconds more before a slightly strangled sound escapes his throat, and he promptly drops the phone for the second time that day.

It takes him a minute to calm down. He’s being stupid, he decides, before reluctantly leaving the phone behind and going back to the bathroom to finish brushing his teeth.

Once he’s back in his room, and his heart has calmed down, he goes back to his phone. He takes a deep breath before looking down at it and immediately chides himself for it. It’s only a good morning message, Harry could very well send one to all of his friends, what with Harry being…Harry.

Still that would mean they’re friends right?

‘Good morning’

He chucks the phone away as soon as he hits send, glaring at his trembling fingers, and hating how hot his cheeks feel. He’s ridiculous. He hurries downstairs to have breakfast, before he ends up being late.

His sisters are sat half asleep around the table, but they all wish him sleepy good mornings once he enters the kitchen.