It's cold

(This is my first EVER fanfiction, so feedback would be wonderful. I may even continue to write if it gets enough positive feedback. Just a bunch of fluff. Enjoy![I do not own Sherlock Holmes or John Watson. yet])

Snow was falling gently on the roof of 221B Baker Street. Sherlock was working on a case while John was finishing up his newest blog entry, when the heater crashed. The change in temperature was almost immediate.

"Sherlock?" John asked quietly.

"John." Replied Sherlock.

"What was that noise?"

Sherlock walked over to his seat while counting the possibilities.

"The heater went out. Go fetch some blankets. We will need them for a bit until it comes back on."

John quickly nodded and opened their cabinet of spare blankets.

"I told you having blankets to spare would be a good idea," John yelled from the opposite side of the flat. He came back and threw a couple of fleece covers to Sherlock, who immediately wrapped them around himself.

"Jesus it's cold." John stated

"John, come here," Sherlock ordered. John was a bit surprised, knowing how the great Sherlock Holmes needs his space.

"What?"

"You heard me."

John was confused as he walked over to where Sherlock was sitting, being careful not to trip on the tails of the blankets.

"Sit"

"Um what?" John questioned as his heart began to race.

Sherlock looked up at John who was standing above him.

"I said to sit."

"O..okay," John turned around and went back to the couch, wanting to avoid touching Sherlock. He knew that Sherlock would see his pulse quicken.

"Not over there you idiot! On my lap. Being close will keep us warm."

John stared at Sherlock in shock. If Sherlock knew that John fancied him, he would be kicked out onto the streets. He was, after all, married to his work

"John, I'm getting cold. Please?"

Two shocks from Sherlock in a day? First he wants John to sit on him like a child on Santa's knee and then he begs? What was going on?

"Oh. O..okay"

John slowly made his way back to Sherlock, who was staring blankly at the wall.

"You will have to move your hands if you want me to sit."

"Oh yes, of course," Sherlock moved his hands to the arms of the chair, "sit."

John stiffly sat on Sherlock's knee, obviously uncomfortable.

"Well, just sitting there won't do much for warmth. Lean back, John. Otherwise it's uncomfortable for us both."

Sherlock had a point. Sitting so stiffly was hurting John's back

John tentatively leaned back onto Sherlock's shoulder letting his back and neck relax a bit. Sherlock slowly began to move arm around John's shoulder to get him to move closer. John stiffened at the touch. He knew Sherlock would piece together how he was acting soon.

"John, are you alright? You seem uncomfortable."

John began to sweat.

"John, you're sweating," Sherlock picked him up and stood him in front of the chair,analyzing him, "are you ill?"

"Sherlock, I'm fine."

Sherlock straightened his back and slightly narrowed his eyes.

"Are you uncomfortable around me? Why would you be- oh. Oh," He sighed. He found out. He saw it all over John. He saw the signs.

"John. Just relax," he said in a soft voice, " It's alright. Just relax."

John was soothed by Sherlock's baritone voice and instantly relaxed. He leaned back, falling into Sherlock's shoulder. He nuzzled his face in the crook of the tall man's neck. Sherlock wrapped his arms around John's shoulders and waist, keeping him close and warm.

"Sherlock?"

"Mhm,"

"Have you ever cared for someone? Someone close?"

Sherlock pulled John's face up to look at him.

"I told you, the first day we met, that i am married to my work and that caring is not an advantage. But I found myself beginning to feel things that were unexplainable."

"Sherlock, what are you trying to say?"

The taller man sighed and stroked John's,now blushing, cheek.

"John Watson, I am completely head over heels for you. I may even," he faltered for a moment, taking a shaky breath. he looked at the wall and suddenly back to his short friend. " I may even love you."

John was completely shocked. But shock was soon overtaken by happiness as he saw the love in Sherlock's endless eyes. He felt his face break into a large smile. Sherlock returned a warm smile pulled  the small man into a strong hug.

"Sherlock, I love you." John confessed. Sherlock pulled away and grabbed John's face, pulling him close. Before John could react, his lips were on Sherlock's, causing him to feel complete bliss. He moved one of his hands to the detective's dark curls and the other in between his shoulder blades. Sherlock had his hands on the small of John's back keeping him close. They soon pulled apart for air. John saw Sherlock's swollen, red lips and gave him another peck.

"You don't know how long I have waited to do that, John." John curled back into Sherlock and drifted into a light sleep. Sherlock heard a noise and looked to the door to see Mrs. Hudson standing there with the brightest smile on her face. Sherlock smiled back and she walked off back to her room. Sherlock leaned his head against the army doctor, careful not to wake him, and drifted off as well.