Chapter 5

Uploaded January 24th, 2016

*****************************

Chapter 5

Taking a running jump, the air flows through his navy black hair. The drop flips his stomach with nervousness. Hitting the water, his body sinks to the bottom of the river. Eyes closed he grips the dirt from the river bed, fisting it in anger and desperation. When the burning in his lungs becomes unbearable he slowly rises to the surface, taking in a deep breathe to cool down.

With his back to the sandy shore, he doesn't see the female undressing. However he does hear her erratic heart beating in her chest as she becomes excited. Stupid female, does she candidly believe he doesn't know she is there? He has explained multiple times he doesn't want her.

Why does power go to a person's head? The council members are suffering because of their mistakes. No doubt plotting their revenge against him. Do they believe he will agree to mate another, even after he placed that law? Let alone a bitch in heat?

"It seems the injection worked. No one is daring to go near you, I bet," I snarl out. Her stench is penetrating my sanctuary and I do not appreciate it.

"What did that old man give me?" She snaps back.

I've learned Beth is a lot like Jessica. She is conniving, a liar and will use her looks and sweet talks to get what she desires the most. To snag me as her future mate. "How did you enter my sanctuary?" She didn't need to know what the good doctor gave her.

"How do you think? I told the guard you are my mate and he let me in." She jumps into the water. Surfacing a few feet out.

I send Tegan a death sentence if he doesn't get her out of the water and away from my safe haven within the next minute. She tainting the area with her stench.

I promised Claudia I was done sleeping around. In her eyes, this would be considered cheating as the bitch is naked. My promises are all I have left of her, besides her images in my mind, and I won't be tarnishing them.

Moments later I hear a voice I did not welcome at this point in time.

"You dare disrespect my sister by sleeping with this female while she is out there suffering?" Taylor hollers at me from the beach. His chest puffing out with his unleashed aggression.

"Are you challenging me?" Beth sneers at him. She turns to face Taylor.

Why the hell would he challenge her? He'd wipe the floor with her dirty brown locks. Does she know who he truly is?

Since a week after my sweet Claudia's disappearance, her brothers have been training with Tarek, Tegan, and Zerek three times a day. Light beatdowns were the things of imagination. Taylor and Theo were broken and molded to be true protectors of a royal female. Not only were they trained by the commanders, but the King and Queen must battle them. To be able to protect your future Queen you must be clever enough to beat the present one in combat. If you can't, you have no right to protect such an important being.

Neither of the men were at that point in their training. Nonetheless, they are a force to be reckoned with.

"I will gladly challenge you to leave the Prince alone. If any female as the right to taunt him, it's my sister. Not a bitch in heat." He yanks his shirt off.

"I'm not a bitch in heat, dammit! Stop calling me that!" She screams, her tiny fist splashing water around her as they make contact with the softly flowing water.

"It's what you are. A female who goes after another's mate. You claw and claim to be his, when everyone knows you only want the power and fame which comes his title. Surely you've been called it more than once before. We all know you've sunk your claws into quite a few males over the years," Taylor snickers, his eyes twitching with merriment at the thought of causing this female distress.