Cleansing

Before Charming managed to reach the study, hoping to start looking over some of the letters, a group of servants encircled him. Staring quizzically, he stood dumbfounded, "Ladies? Is...something wrong?"

At first no one thought they should speak up, too afraid that there might be consequences but the youngest woman there, probably about 15 years old, cleared her throat. "The Queen sent us to get you clean. She said, and I quote, that you 'smell like you've been rolling around in pig slop'."

Of course she'd say something like that. Rolling his eyes, Charming figured a bath wouldn't hurt. After all he'd been sitting in that cell, in the same clothes for almost a week and if his nose was any indication, there was an unpleasant odor that seemed to follow him wherever he went.

"Show me to the bathroom and I'll clean myself." The young one spoke again in response to the prince, "I'm afraid she ordered me to personally see to it that you got clean. Whether either of us likes it or not." At that Charming huffed in frustration but figured he really had no other choice but to comply with the Queen's wishes. At least for now. 

He was hoping that once his worth was truly proven, he'd only have to answer to himself and his 'lovely' companion wouldn't have the authority to boss him around, lest she want another war on her hands. All of the servants except the one that spoke left, "Follow me." She instructed before taking off down the hall, not bothering to look behind her to see if he was following. Fortunately he was, although she was walking a bit fast for his liking, seeing as how he hasn't really had the privilege of stretching his legs like he's wanted to. But oh, the moment he could step outside and feel the sun on his face, that would be a moment he'd cherish.

It wasn't long before he was standing in front of a set of wooden double doors with golden knobs, "Go in and get undressed while I summon the hot water. Unless you prefer cold water, your majesty."

"No, go and fetch the hot water, thank you." He refused to let it surface but he was hesitant as he opened the door, not quite sure what he'd find behind them, but was pleasantly surprised when it revealed a bed chamber fit for a king with a matching bathroom. It didn't catch his eye at first but as he neared the bed, he noticed a scroll resting on it.

If it wasn't for Regina, he'd actually be somewhat relieved. But who else, aside from the servants, and they wouldn't have the need to leave him a note, would do such a thing. Taking off his shirt, he decided he could do two things at once; get undressed and read. How hard could that be? Picking it up, he noticed a certain scent was on it, something sweet he hadn't smelled before arriving here.

"I'm sure by now you've noticed how lavish the bedroom is. There's also a wardrobe full of clothes that should be your size. So long as you serve your purpose, you will live comfortably. If not, you'll find yourself in rags, down in the dungeons. ~R."

He would expect nothing less from the regal woman. By now he was as naked as the day he was born but the young servant hadn't returned with the water yet so he took to kicking his clothes into a pile beside the bed rather than scattered across the floor.

But silence proved to be too much for Charming because now his mind wandered to what happened in the dungeons, how soft her lips were as they were pressed against his and, damnit that woman! He cursed himself for playing a part in that wicked kiss but before he could damn himself to hell, there was a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" He asked, a sense of relief washing over him to be torn away from his thoughts. "Emma, your highness. I have the hot water." He scurried into the bathroom and sat in the tub, which he hadn't known was partially filled with cold water, so of course he squeaked once his butt cheeks touched the water.

"Are you alright?" Emma called out, still behind the door. "Yes, yes." His voice still trying to find the correct pitch, "You may enter." He heard the door open followed by footsteps coming toward him. He wasn't modest, per say, but he didn't feel comfortable with such a young girl seeing him in a state like this so he covered his package as she walked in. "You don't have to be shy," the young blonde commented nonchalantly, beginning to carefully pour the hot water in.

Charming sighed contently, sinking into the tub but still covering himself, "Why does the Queen have such a young girl doing this?" Once there was a moderate amount in the tub, Emma could tell the Prince wasn't going to let her wash him so she stepped back and sat in the window sill, eyes stuck on him.

"It isn't as bad as you think. She actually..." She paused, inhaling deeply as she clearly fought back tears, "The Queen saved me. After the ogres killed my parents, I was alone in this world. She was riding by one day and saw me begging then offered me a comfortable life if I worked for her. And between you and I, she treats me like a daughter sometimes."

As he listened to her story, Charming began washing himself, putting extra effort in keeping his privates covered, but he was utterly shocked to hear that the woman who has labeled herself as the Evil Queen, actually have kindness buried somewhere in that dark heart of hers. Perhaps if he worked hard, he might get to bring that woman to surface.

A.N: Happy New Year guys! Here's to another year of life!