Ep.123.15 Active Raid

~Episode 123.15~

Active Raid -Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hakkei-

Studio: Production IMS

Premiere: January 7, 2016

Genre: Action, Sci-Fi

Airtime (GMT+9): Thursdays at 22:00

Episodes: 2-cour

Summary:

It's the future! The world is corrupt! Tokyo has fallen to chaos! A more effective policing system is needed to push back the rampant crime plaguing the urban sprawl. Thus the invention and deployment of 'Willware,' suits of mechanical exoskeletons that are donned when enforcing the law becomes violent and dangerous—or when there's less concern about collateral damage. Of particular note is the 8th unit of the 3rd Mobile Assault group of the 5th division of the Special Public Security Section (hurray, bureaucracy!), better known locally as 'the Eighth.' They are charged with policing a particularly unpleasant part of Tokyo, but aren't exactly model citizens themselves. An altogether unruly, unorthodox and unmotivated bunch, the Eighth would, in a crime drama, all be the bad cop at once. Enter assistant inspector Kagari Asami (Ozawa Ari), freshly assigned to the Eighth and tasked with overseeing this failing unit. Will she be able to whip the Eighth into shape and turn it into a truly professional crime fighting force?

Own opinion:

Yep, another sci-fi that is set on the future. But! The sci-fi powered armour means masked heroes fighting evil, right? That's not to say that Arakawa is going to be the only influence on this series—we have Taniguchi Gorou (CODE GEASS) and Akitaya Noriaki(Bakuman.) Your personal tolerance for it will vary, though. Otherwise, Active Raid looks to be the fun original offering of the season with a possible serious edge, and like most originals is worth checking out.

Rank: 4.8 over 5 stars