chapter twelve- theres so much more that i wanted

|-/Riley Dun\-|

"So, we are working on some new songs." Josh tells me the next day.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Yeah. For a new album."

"Whats the name?" I ask him.

"We haven't figured that out yet. But guess who's gonna be on the cover?" he asks.

"Who?"

"Grandpa. Along with Tyler's Grandpa."

"How's you get him to do that?" I ask him.

"Wasn't that hard. I just asked." he shrugs, as his expression changes. "Are you ever gonna tell me what happened last night?"

I sigh, and looked down at my bowl of cereal. I was planning on avoiding this as much as possible.

"You can't kill Tyler."

"Why would I-" he starts, as it occurs to him. "No." He gasps.

"Yeah..." I tell him. "He kissed me. I don't know what to do."

"This is all... Unexpected." Josh says. "Even though I could tell you two were growing close."

"Are you mad?" I ask, as he shakes his head.

"No I'm not. If you like each other, thats cool. He's just my friend, I can't prevent him from liking you." He says, as I nod. "Do you like him?"

Do I? I know I went over this. How I couldn't get him out of my head. From that night on next to the river to when he kissed me next to the carnival game. His laugh, his smile. I can't get him out of my head, and I only knew him for a few months.

"Riley?"

"Yes I do." I tell him, as he nods.

"And from what I noticed, things were tense when you saw him last. Go talk to him." Josh tells me. "I support you two together."

I smile, and nod. I put away my cereal bowl, and went upstairs to send out a text.

To: Tyler.

Meet me at the river.