6

"Clara, Stefan and Damon want to keep us here for a while" Katherine told her doppelgänger.

"What am I, a tabletop? No" Clara rolled her eyes

"Uh..." Katherine looked around for a bribe. She found it in form of Damon's bourbon.

"Will Damon kill us?" Clara asked, half joking, half worried

"Nah, I'll protect you if he tries." Katherine grinned, shaking a bottle up as she sauntered over

Clara grabbed it from her and poured the bitter liquid down her throat, wincing as it burnt on its way down. She then flipped her head around, dancing to the beat inside her brain.

---
About eight hours later, Damon and Stefan returned to find the house in various disarray and Katherine and Clara both drunk.

"Dear god." Damon put his head in his hands, not wanting to survey the mess

"What happened?" Stefan asked, furrowing his brow

"Dear diary, I met this girl. She's Elena's doppelgänger and she's so different from them both. She's smart and beautiful and funny and warm despite the fact I thought she would be Katherine 2.0 at the start. Despite her sarcastic attitude, there's something innocent underneath and I want to bring it to the surface." Clara quoted before giving Stefan a silly grin, "aww. Beneath that brooding brow, you do care!"

"You two need to sleep this off. Stefan?" Damon asked as he scooped up Katherine, but judging from her delighted squeal, she didn't mind at all. Stefan sighed, picking up Clara who would her arms tightly around his neck.

"Come on, let's get you to bed." Stefan whispered, walking upstairs

"But mr. Salvatore! I'm sure there are rules against bedding a drunken maiden!" Clara gasped in mock shock.

"You're going to be so pleasant tomorrow." Stefan smiled back, approaching an unused room. He lowered Clara on to the bed and tucked her in, awkwardly. She immediately drifted off, brown strands of hair falling in her face. Stefan paused before stirring her enough to feed her his blood. At least this way, she wouldn't be in so much pain

When he and Damon got back downstairs, there were two visitors with saccharine smiles. Klaus and a black haired woman that seemed vaguely familiar

"Hello, mate." Klaus smiled

"Klaus! Just when I got used to the idea of never seeing your face!" Damon said in a pleasant tone before dropping it, "what do you want?"

"The doppelgängers, Damon. I still have to pick a bone with Katherine and I need Clara for my hybrids." Klaus said

"Aww, I'm sorry. No." Stefan said firmly

"Ah, another Petrova doppelgänger has you under her spell. It's odd, aren't they all the same?" Klaus asked, tilting his head to once side. He was then shoved against the wall by Stefan who had vamped out, "THEY ARE NOTHING ALIKE!"

Suddenly, Damon and Stefan felt their skulls explode.  The woman had cast a spell on them.

"Stop. Show the Salvatore brothers your face!" Klaus commanded. The woman looked directly at them. She had a fire in her green eyes that was so familiar. Damon had thought she was dead all these years.

"Bonnie?" he croaked, staring at the witch who merely smirked. "The one and only."