First of the First

Hello, brothers and sisters. This is my first story and decided to share it with you. I hope you like it as much as I like typing it. Also, thank you for taking the time to read it.

1 2 0 5

Everybody has a chance to make a good first impression. Meeting Nicoli Smith face to face, for the first time, wasn't a good first impression.

I expected more from the all around "Superhero". The Miracle Child, that accomplished the un-accomplish-able is expected to be grateful, nice, humble, or freaking modest, at least!

That's were I was wrong, I expected more than what was presented.

You know, I'm not going to lie to you, I use to be a huge supporter of the Superhero. I believed everything everyone said about him and what a great of a guy he supposedly was. I guess you can tell by now, that our first encounter went totally bad. That's an understatement, it went terrible.

But, let's start at the beginning.

"AND LEADING IN FIRST PLACE, OUR NATIONAL STAR AND HONORED MIRACLE, NICOLI SMITH!" The announcer yelled in the microphone and the school body went crazy with excitement. The cheerleader began their little cheer for him. "Nicoli Smith, he's our man. If he can't do it, no one can!" The girls in the stances raised their poster boards and yelled and screamed as the Miracle, in the flesh, climb out the swimming pool like a model. The girls went wild as he gave them his million dollar smile, there's a rumor that if he smiles too close to you, you will be blinded by his "glow".

He waved to everyone and continued to smile, cameras flashed as the opponents shook hands with him. He walked-no-strutted to get his towel that was held out by his best friend, Reagan Lewis.

"He is such a god!" Brittney, my childhood friend since preschool, moaned. I glanced at her, "I don't know about a god, but he is really cool. I have never known or meet a guy that plays and succeed at so many sports." Brittney smiles as she watches him with goo goo eyes, "Soccer, baseball, football, and even swimming. Let's not forget he is the senior class president, holds charity events, goes to Church every Sunday, and is most likely to be admitted into Harvard University," She pauses for dramatic affect, "He will also be valedictorian. Also, he is extremely good looking, funny, and really generous."

"It's kinda scary that you know all these things about this boy." I say frowning ever so slightly. "Well, of course," She flips her golden blond locks and says proudly, "I'm president of his fan club and I follow him on every social media available." I roll my eyes, "Of course you do." As soon as the race ended, everyone fought to leave. The Star player followed his teammates in the locker room. Brittney grabbed my hand, "What would you do if he asked you out for prom?" I shrugged carelessly and answered as I followed her out the swimming area, "I would say yes. My dad says he is the brightest student he ever have taught and my mom says he is a really sweet boy."

"Oh, yeah I forgot your mom use to be his tutor." Brittney says as we walk down the hallway. I nod, "Yeah, she doesn't tell me much though."

"If my dad taught at the same school I went to, I would transfer myself out." Grant chimed in as he wrapped his arm around me. I giggled, "That's because you don't like your dad."

"Your dad is awesome, Nami. Best English teacher I know." Brittney counterattacked for me. Grant smiled and leaned against the lockers beside my locker, "You only speak the truth, Britt." He said sarcastically.  

She ignored him, "Anyways, back to our conversation, Vy. Too bad Nicoli already has a girlfriend or I would swoop down and eat him up."

"I know ya'll are not talking about that lame." Grant groaned, folding his arms. I put my books in my locker, which was filled with pictures and notes plastered on the locker walls, "That's Brittney, she started the conversation." I closed my locker and pulled out my car keys. "Well if someone would have enough guts to ask my absolutely beautiful best friend to prom, I wouldn't have to bring up another guy around you." Brittney remarked raising her eyebrows at Grant.

"His girlfriend is a wolf in sheep clothing." I said, changing the subject. Grant hummed, "Speak for yourself, she's the real reason that douche is actually popular." I rolled my eyes, "Forget about it. Are we eating in the cafeteria or out to eat, my treat."

"Let's just go to Bon Bon's. I could really use some good ol' chili biscuit." Brittney said and we headed out to my Mini Cooper S, my pride and joy. "So glad we have open campus,   I would probably die if I had to eat school lunch everyday."

We jumped in. "Nami, you need a new car." Grant complained as he struggled to get his 5'10 tall behind in the back. "Oh shut it Grant, you need to get shorter." I laughed as I started driving to our favorite eating spot. My sister, Nandy, opened a restaurant right near the high school and it become a total success. Lucky for us, we get a free meal every now and again.

Grant Mcdougl disliked Nicoli since the end of time. I remember when we were in middle school, Nicoli and his group of friends use to bully Grant because he use to be real chubby. Grant ended up moving and going to a different school, but when he came back to Roosevelt, he was a completely different person. Slim, muscular, and tall, a complete opposite of old Grant. I'm grateful he is still my same sweet and funny friend.

It didn't take long for us to get there. The place was crowded as per usual, but we didn't have a problem about that.

"Hey, Nami!" Jonathon, Nandy's husband, exclaimed as we walked in. I smiled, "What's up?" He returned the smile," Just helping Nandy, it's been pretty busy lately and with her being pregnant and all, I don't want her to get stress. So I'm taking over for awhile." I nodded. "What a sweet heart." Brittney cooed. He chuckle, "Thanks, anyway, you guys' table is reserved at usual," We followed after him, "Sorry it's soo crowded today, but some guy is here and unexpectedly brought the whole universe with him." We laughed.

When we reached our table, it was filled with guys, I frowned, "Uh, what's going on here?" I ask Jonathon, who seemed just as confused as me. "That's where we usually sit." Brittney exclaimed, pointing out the obvious. Jonathon tapped the first guy, whom was Reagan Lewis, "Excuse me, but these seats were already reserved." The room became quiet as Reagan looked him up and down, "Sorry, old man. We didn't see any sign that said that." The group of guys laughed in unison, "Good one Ray."

I could feel Grant growl and try to pull me aside, I held him back, "Don't."

"Young man, I don't want any trouble, I don't know what's your problem but I'm going to have to ask you and your friends to leave if we're gonna have a problem." Jonathon commanded firmly, completely untouched by the lame comeback.  Reagan stood up, getting in Jonathon's face, "Listen, we're not going anywhere. And you know why,"

"I'm sure, you're gonna tell me."

"Because you're not going to do shit, old man." Eyes intently watched, anxious for what will come next.

"Enough, Ray." Nicoli demanded as he stood up. I didn't even notice him and smiled, internally, glad that he was controlling his pack rats. Nicoli frowned at Reagan, "You're being a jerk, Ray." He looked at Jonathon with earnest eyes, "I am so sorry on behalf of my friends."

"It's fine, mistakes were made."

Nicoli turned his attention to me, "I'm sure something can be worked out. Can we talk for a second." I secretly pinched myself, I'm not dreaming. I hesitantly nodded my head and followed Nicoli out the restaurant entrance. He kept walking for a few steps and then abruptly turned around.

I didn't stop in time and we ended up standing really close, so close I thought he was going to bend down and kiss my forehead. Before I could move back, he gripped my shoulders holding me in place. His eyes was beautiful and the newspaper pictures didn't do him justice. He was breathtaking.

He stared into my eyes, slowly licked his plump lips, and said the first arrogant words, "I know you've been dreaming about this since high school started. I give you permission to kiss me."