Chapter Fourteen

Now that it's over

I just wanna break your heart right back
Want you to cry me a river
I just wanna break your heart right back

--Break Your Heart Right Back;  Ariana Grande ft. Childish Gambino

---------------------

Run Alpha, Run trailer made by me :)

Jakeson

I can't believe this.

Is this really happening?

I could feel my heartbeat banging in my ribcage, I could hear it like a bass drum in my ears, and everything seems to focus on the gorgeous woman standing in front of me. 

My legs feel like jelly, my hands are limp at my sides, my eyes are focused on her. "Cassandra" I whisper, my chest bursting with emotion. It's like fireworks are going off in my chest like the Fourth Of July and I know it's because of that breathtaking woman in front of me.

 "Jake." She whispers, her voice also raw with emotion and I close my eyes as I felt a tremor run up my spine when she said my name. The feeling is absolutely euphoric. Addicting. "Say my name again." 

 "Jakeson." She whispers once more and the contentment, the happiness, the feeling of completeness overwhelms me. I take a deep breath as I conjure a couple of scenarios in my mind.

 A scene of me and her, running on the beach, her hair tousled by the wind as she smiles at me, the wind blowing around us, the waves splashing on the seashore, her melodic laughter ringing in my ears. Then, slowly, I would go to her, and then embrace her with my arms, like I've been dying to do for a long time.

 I picture her, looking at me with hooded eyes, looking sexy in her bikini and loving the feel of her hot skin against mine as we stand under the sunny sky on the beach. And slowly, I would lean in and she would close her eyes when our lips are mere inches apart. Then, I —- 

"BASTARD!" 

I felt myself flying backwards when a sudden force hits me full on. My back collides with the dirty, creaking wooden floor. With my enhanced eyesight, I could see dust particles hovering around me in the air, looking like tiny crystals as the sunlight hits them.

 I look up and find a fuming Jemcer. His fists are balled at his sides, he's panting, and he's looking at me with so much hatred that it almost made me cower. Almost. I remember the way he kissed Cassandra. I remember the way he put his arms around her and that thought just made me snap.

 Anger flares up within me and I shove myself upright and face him, head on, my wolf ready for a brawl. How dare he act that way with my mate? "She's not your mate, you douche bag. She's mine. She's my mate since you rejected her, you arrogant sonofabitch!" Jemcerson tells me through clenched teeth and that just made me angrier.

Seething, I tell Jemcer what's on my mind. "She's my mate, Jemcer. Yes, I rejected her and it was a foolish decision. I regretted it. I still do. She's still my mate and I won't let you—" I'm cut off when his hard fist collides with my mouth.

 I pull my hand back and swing it forward, putting all my anger, regrets and frustration in that punch and I smile when I hear a crack when my knuckles connects with his nose. I hear tearing of clothes when our wolves finally breaks free.

 This is a fight between two Alphas.

 "STOP!"

A loud voice booms and we stop in our tracks. I was so engrossed in the fight that I didn't take note of the surroundings. My wolf and Jemcer's wolf are still growling at each other, black against brown. Jemceson's pure black wolf is a little bit larger than me, but who cares? We're still moving sideways, face-to-face.