Chapter 2

A sharp pain in my abdomen rips through my body and lower back. My eyes flicker open and I gasp in pain. "Demi!" I scream in agony.

"Hm?" Demi replies half asleep.

"Get. Up. Now." I seethe through my teeth.

"What the hell Nicki? Why are you being so rude?" Demi says as she turns around and looks at me. I must have a crazy look in my eyes because as soon as her eyes make contact with mine she cowers a bit.

"The baby is coming." I point to the pool of fluid I am now drenched in.

"Oh. OH!" She shoots out of bed and grabs our jackets. "OKay we need to grab the diaper bag and wipes and diapers and clothes and-" I cut her off before she finishes.

"Baby!" I grab her face and make her look at me. "I love you so much but my vagina is cramping and we already packed the diaper bag full of all that stuff remember?" Demi nods slowly.

"So can you put my shoes on for me please?"

---

"Okay Nicki, push on three. One. Two. Three."

"I need you to push a little hard for me this time. Give it all you can." The doctors voice is calm and collected.

"I AM fucking pushing! I'm sorry I have a small human coming out of one of the smallest holes on my damn body!"

"Its okay you're doing fine. One. Two. Three. I see the head. One more push and the baby will be here."

"Fuuuuuck!" I scream in agony as the last remaining push brings my child into the world. I lay back against the pillow in utter exhaustion.

The first feeble cry escapes my babies lips and suddenly I forget all about the pain. I look towards the wails and watch as Demi cuts the umbilical cord, her face shows pure delight. We make eye contact and she smiles at me with her toothy grin I'm in love with.

The nurse walks over and places my baby on my chest. My baby girl. They take her from my arms too soon.

"Okay Nicki I really need you to focus. You need to deliver the placenta now."

I can faintly here the doctors orders over baby dazed trance. I just nod and push.

I look at Demi who now has a horrified expression on her face. I look at her confused before my head goes starts to feel fuzzy and I pass out.
---

Bright lights bombard my sensitive eyes. I blink a few times before they focus. I look weakly to my right to see a tired looking Demi holding a little bundle. Our gaze meet and she smiles brightly.

"How are you feeling baby?" Demi whispers.

"Tired." My voice is weak but I muster up a smile.

Demi stands up and hands the bundle of joy over to me. I look into my beautiful daughters face and start to cry. This is the happiest moment of my life. "What did you name her?"

"Sarah." Demi says a bit louder. "Sarah Mae Lovato."

I look up at Demi. "That's perfect. I love you. So much baby." Demi connects her lips to mine only to be interrupted seconds later.

"Sorry for interrupting but how are you feeling Mrs. Faye?" The doctor looks at me.

"Fine why?"

"You're platelets were low when you gave birth causing you to bleed a lot during labor. You should be fine now but we're just trying to make sure you're safe. You're free to leave in an hour or so." The doctor turns and walks out of the door.

"More like they don't want a lawsuit if I died giving birth." Demi and I laugh knowing I'm only joking.

---

Three agonizing hours later Demi and I make it home. I'm ordered to bed rest so that means Demi has to cater to me, which she typically does anyway even if I plead for her not to. She's such a good wife.

"Here honey, I brought some sleeve and a water." demi hands me two blue pills and a dasani.

"Thanks love." I give Demi's cheek a quick peck before guzzling down the pills and half of the water bottle.

I turn to look at my sweet baby girl laying beside me, wondering what she's going to be like when she's older.

Sorry it took so long. I was caught up in moving houses and doing some paintings I sold. Any who, this ones short because I have major plans for next chapter! Hope you guys like it as this was a filler chapter.