Chapter Forty Nine

Caitlin's POV

The second Ryan pulled up at Justin's house, we rushed out of the car and trudged towards the black Audi that had Justin's unconcious body inside.

We opened the back door of the car and grabbed each of his legs, dragging his body across the leather seats until he reached the very edge. Once we were close enough, Ryan stepped in front of me and put Justin's limp body over his shoulder. I took a step back once I realized he didn't need my help. All I did was close the door behind him and run inside the house, which Dylan already beat us to.

"Lay him down here," Dylan motioned to Ryan as he made space on the carpeted floor of the living room. After his body was gently settled on the ground below us, we all looked at each other in confusion.

"Now what?" I exclaimed, breaking the silence.

"We wait, I guess," Ryan shrugged as he looked down at Justin's body. His eyes were still closed and his lips were parted ever so slightly. His hair was a mess and his clothes stuck onto him due to the sweat he previously released back at the warehouse.

"Wait?" I questioned in disbelief. "You mean we're just going to stand here until he wakes up?" My eyes widened as I watched them both nod at me.

"You guys are a bunch of idiots, I'm taking him to the hospital," I replied as I bent down to try and pick him up. After my attempt at lifting his body failed, I bent down to grab his feet and drag him on the ground. I made a note to myself to go to the gym and work on my upper body strength because my biceps were just not doing me justice at that moment.

"Okay, relax. We'll take him," Ryan stopped me before grabbing his body like he did before and placing him in the car. I quickly followed and hopped in the Audi as I waited in the passenger seat for Dylan to lock the door of the house. After that, we sped to the hospital with Ryan sitting in the back waiting for Justin to wake up.

-

"Okay, please have a seat in our waiting room. We'll take it from here," the nurse informed us as she motioned to the waiting room down the hallway. Dylan, Ryan and I all walked at a slow pace, neither of us wanting to sit down on those uncomfortable chairs.

I let out a sigh as I walked into the empty room and sat on a seat all the way at the back, the boys sitting next to each other at the other side of the waiting area. Although I was glad to have them with me for help and support, I didn't want to be near them. I didn't want to be near anybody. No nurse, no doctor, no lady sitting behind a counter telling me to sign in and wait. I just wanted to be alone.

They didn't understand. None of them did. I didn't want to wait. I didn't want to have the same anticipation that I did the last time I was sitting in the waiting room of a hospital. I hated it. I hated the feeling more than anything in the world. All this doubt rushes into your brain and it floods you with worry and eagerness. It floods you with thoughts you never thought you'd even think of.

"Cait?" I heard Dylan speak up, causing me to look away from my dirty jeans and make eye contact with him. "I'm gonna go get some breakfast, do you want anything?"

I shook my head before I spoke. "No, I think I'm okay. Thank you," I replied, my voice coming out raspier than I had expected.

"Are you sure? Just let me get you a bottle of water, you probably need it after all that running." He pushed, causing me to oblige to his offer.

"Alright, get me a bagel as well please."

He nodded and then exited the room with Ryan, leaving me alone with just my thoughts to haunt me. I readjusted myself in the chair to make myself comfortable, considering I was going to be waiting there for a while. As I let out a sigh, I rested my head back on the cement wall and stuffed my bloody hands into the pockets of my jeans. It wasn't a pleasant position but it was something I had to manage with for the rest of the morning.