Chapter 3

As Sherlock arrived at Mycroft's house, he payed the driver and hurried to the front door and knocked. Mycroft answered the door and gave Sherlock a rare warm smile."Hello dear brother, I have clean clothes for you in the guest room," From where Mycroft was standing, he could smell that Sherlock reeked of cigarettes. " You better take a shower and wash your mouth while you're at it" He informed Sherlock as he led him in.

Sherlock strode to the guest bedroom, he had been in Mycroft's home many times and memorized all the rooms. He inspected the room as he closed the door behind him. And headed toward the bathroom and washed himself up. He soaked himself in the warm water, it's been months since Sherlock had a proper shower.When he dried up,he tended to his cuts that were on his face, he had a bit of a struggle when he was fighting the last sniper.

When he was done he looked at his reflection, he looked so pale with dark eyes, chapped lips, sharp cheekbones, and long hair that covered his eyes. He decided to give himself a trim, he reached for the scissors and snipped trimmed his hair. Short locks of black curly hair circled the sink, as he finished cutting his hair he looked at his reflection again.

He looked more like himself now, he smiled and noticed his teeth.

They were absolutely horrid, he grabbed a toothbrush and toothpaste and scrubbed his teeth. He checked his teeth again they were faintly yellow but it still smelled, he was thankful that he only smoked for a few months. He only smokes when he runs out of nicotine patches. He grabbed the mouthwash that was sitting by the mirror, and swished the liquid in his mouth. He spat it out and checked his breath one last time to see if it was decent, and went to get dressed.

He slipped on the clothes Mycroft laid on the bed, he pulled on boxers and the black trousers, and buttoned up a dark grey dress shirt. As he slipped on his sock and shoes, Mycroft came into the room. " How are you brother?" h

He innquired. " Do the clothes fit you well? "

Sherlock looked up at his brother. " Yes i'm fine and yes they do fit me." He said in an unamused tone. Mycroft sighed and looked at his brother.

" Sherlock.. Are you sure that you're ready to tell him? Are you sure that he's ready to know that you're still alive? He told me that he was losing hope on you." Mycroft informed while sitting down on the bed. Sherlock stared at the distance for a few seconds, then looked at Mycroft. " yes i'm sure that i'm ready to tell him," h

he paused for another few seconds. " and I am sure that he is ready to know."

Mycroft sighed then nodded as he got up." Well I just poured some tea in the sitting room, John will be here soon. " He closed the door behind him as he left the room.

Sherlock laid down on the bed and thought of John, he thought about the first time he met john at the lab, how he made tea for the two of them, how concentrated he looked as he was updating stories on his blog, Sherlock smiled at the thought. He soon thought about John's features, his heart warming smile, his beautiful dark blue eyes, the various jumpers that he wears that makes him so adorable.

Sherlock smiled even wider and got up and headed towards the sitting room. As he picked up his cup of tea, Mycroft handed Sherlock a new phone.

" You will be needing this." He said as he sipped his tea. Sherlock inspected his new phone, and slipped it into his pocket. He sat down opposite of Mycroft and sipped his tea.

" Can you tell me how John is doing? " Sherlock asked setting down his cup on the saucer.

Mycroft sighed."He has been drinking bottles of whiskey every night thinking about you, and he always has dreams about your 'death' or him commiting suicide."

Sherlock looked at the ground and sighed.

" When did he start having dreams of suicide?" Sherlock asked.

" About 9 months ago" Mycroft answered sipping his tea.

Sherlock understood and nodded his head slightly, he set down his saucer down. He connected his fingertips and rested them under his chin, and started to think about John.

Minutes later the door knocked.

Mycroft and Sherlock went to answer the door. And when they opened the door they stood in shock. A blonde man had an arm wrapped around John and a gun pointed to his head, and behind the man there was someone else. He stepped into view.

Sherlock's eyes widened as the man's face was revealed.

Jim Moriarty.