Chapter Four: To Iris' Grandpa!

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN FAIRY TAIL

******************************************************

"How far is this place anyways?" Sherry complained.

"Don't worry, we're almost there!" I replied.

It's been ten minutes since we started heading towards my grandpa's place. The only people who had no problem at all were Happy and Carla who were flying.

"All right! We made it!" I exclaimed.

Everyone looked up to see a path that led up to the mountains littered by trees on the side.

"I thought you said we were almost there!" Lucy said.

"Oh you guys thought I meant his place? No, I meant the path that leads us up to his place," I answered.

"You should try being a bit more clearer next time," Hibiki said nervously.

"What are you guys complaining about? This is a good chance to get some exercise," Erza said excitedly jogging in place in a runner's outfit.

"I don't think that's the point...." Wendy said nervously.

"Actually it'd be better to walk carefully. There are a lot of traps planted on this road. When I first met grandpa, he showed me the layouts of each trap and what they did. Unfortunately, I didn't memorize all the traps," I informed.

"Why's that?" Wendy asked.

"Because there where too many," I replied.

"Gaah! Why did your grandpa plant so many?!" Lucy exclaimed.

"To keep intruders out."

"I guess there's no helping it. Everyone stay close together and follow Iris-chan. Men!" Ichiya said.

"Couldn't Happy and Carla just fly us up there?" Natsu asked.

"We can't because we already used up all our magic power flying here," Carla answered.

"And even if they could fly, grandpa has traps set in the sky too," I added.

"Sa, let's go now! There's a waterfall a few hours walk from here that we can relax in before continuing on!" I said beginning to walk ahead.

Everyone followed closely behind me as I happily trudged up the path.

"Ah! I can't wait to meet jiji (grandpa) again!" I exclaimed.

"Are you and him really close?" Lucy asked.

"Mm! As I said before he's like a grandpa to me!" I replied.

"By the way, how did you meet him?" Gray asked.

"I met him around the age of eleven. I didn't grow up with any parents. All I remembered was being abandoned at the age of two in the forest-"

"Ah! Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine!" I said cutting off Gray.

"Jiji found me one day when I was wondering around the town. I had no food, no shelter, and no way to survive. I mean, how could you. An eleven year old kid couldn't take on jobs, and I knew nothing about guilds. He took me in and treated me as his own granddaughter.By the time I came of age to travel, I left him and became a lone wizard. He was and still is the only family I have," I said.

Everyone was silent until Natsu spoke up.

"But you have a new family now," Natsu said.

"Mm, you have Fairy Tail!" Lucy exclaimed.