[ensemble]

Special thanks to blindedbyheadlights JulieWoods0 Kaneki_coffee (seriously you were such a great help)

Forewarning: the writing is a tad bit weird. Plus it is unedited. It was rotting in my drafts so I decided to finish it. Enjoy! The fluff game is weak too tbh.
Unedited
Word limit: 4200+ ish
-

Ensemble- together

-
"But even so, every now and then I would feel a violent stab of loneliness. The very water I drink, the very air I breathe, would feel like long, sharp needles. The pages of a book in my hands would take on the threatening metallic gleam of razor blades. I could hear the roots of loneliness creeping through me when the world was hushed at four o'clock in the morning."

-Haruki Murakami

-
You stepped inside the dingy apartment. An eerie blue of the evening blushed the entire furniture. The minimal décor and a light oil painting managed to catch your eye. Ceramic pots of wilted lilies were shoved into a square of the windowsill, apparently the only visible indication of life besides you. The room was symphonized to create a serene ambience. Yet, the tempest inside your congested lane of a mind was amplified by the quietude.

You took a deep breath, willed your nervous energy to dilute itself and squared your shoulders only to let them descend deep into their sockets. Dragging your boot clad feet towards the sofa, you let yourself fall into it, winching as the cold leather bit into your skin through your khaki shorts.

You let your eyes wander here and there, forcing the appearance of the place into your subconscience. You sat there in silence for a while, watching as inky patches slowly started to dominate the edges of the sunset and pearly white stars disclosed themselves.

The table seemed like a haphazard work of half-eaten boxes of Chinese food, nearly covered by a flood of college notes and crumpled tissues. A breech in decorum.

"You know, tea helps," came a chilly voice, a timbre which you should've been used to hearing but everytime it cascaded to your proximity, you'd be left breathless. How did he enter? Maybe you had been so lost in reverie that the sound of his entrance didn't faze your trance. But then you looked at the turquoise porcelain bowl in front of you. It only had one key, a key to your apartment. The spare one was...

"Hey, idiot. What if I want to drop by and you aren't home?"

"Just take this spare key, Levi."

You glanced at him with a confused face and caught the fall of his obsidian locks over his eyes as he unwrapped a pack of teabags. You smiled briefly as the corners of his eyes crumpled into a stare which was directed particularly at the black fibres of tea.

"Cheap," he remarked.

Taking another breath, you dropped your hands from the armrest and decided to ignore his comment. You had a queer friendship with him, albeit volatile.