Chapter 4

She walked about ten block away from her house. She arrived at a gigantic building made of glass. It was called Mockingbird. She pushed the revolving door and entered.

Alex was greeted by a cold breeze. She loved it. She went to the front desk. A man and woman sat there looking as bored as ever.

"Hello ma'am, sir. What floor is Mrs. Ronald's?" Alex asked in a baby voice.

Whenever she met new people and had to confront them, she always used that voice. It was out of fear and habit.

"Top floor. Take a left then a right then and another left." The man said without even looking at her.

"Thank you." Alex said and walked away fast.

"For nothing. Rude." Alex rolled her eyes.

She went up to the top floor, floor ninety-five. She was crowded in the elevator with people in suits. All men and no women. They all stared at her. One even tried to talk to her by Alex hid behind her bag.

The elevator went ding and she shoved her way out. They all walked in unison out of the elevator. Alex went the way she was suppose to. She arrived at a glass door. The only one in the hall.

It looked important. It looked dominate. It looked life changing. She knocked and there was an immediate answer.

"Come in." Said a feminine voice.

Alex opened the door slowly. It was a black and white room. On the left stood a black desk with a woman typing on the computer. She wasn't old. But she was young either. She was around her mid forties.

Alex closed the door softly behind her. She walked up to the desk. She looked at the woman who continued to type.

"Have a seat please." She said. She finally looked away and took off her glasses. She looked up and down at Alex.

"Alex Moon I presume." She said.

"Yes ma'am. And you are, I'm guessing, Mrs. Ronald." Alex said sassily.

"Yes. I have a couple of questions for you. Ms. Moon." Mrs. Ronald said while taking a piece of paper out of the printer.

"Ok. Hit me." Alex smiled. She could handle this.

"How old are you?"

"Twenty-four."

"Hobbies?"

"Writer. Dancer. Singer. Artist. Musician."

"Married or in any relationship?"

"No ma'am."

"Ok. You're hired. You start Monday next week." Mrs. Ronald said taking her glasses off and looking into Alex's eyes.

"Thank you Mrs. Ronald. See you soon. Just to clarify, what am I hired for?" Alex asked.

"You're my executive assistant." Mrs. Ronald said as if it were so obvious.

"Of course. See you later." Alex grabbed her stuff and headed home.

She exited the building and headed to a bar. She read that there was one with great fries. As Alex walked she thought she saw the man again. She thought she was being followed.

"Ok. Paranoia is getting to me." Alex spoke quietly.

The bar she was looking for was called the Good Friends Bar. It was just a hop, skip, and jump away from her new home.

Alex made a pitstop home to change her shoes. She couldn't stand her heals anymore. She went upstairs. She grabbed socks and her heart red converse.

She was ready and walked to the bar. She went in the bar and it was packed. Women were dancing with men. Some where sitting and talking. Alex looked at her phone and realized it was eight forty-seven.

"And what would you like to have little lady?" Asked a bar tender.

He was kind and sweet. His smile was warm and welcoming. Alex smiled at him.

"I would like a soda and some fries please."

"Coming right up." He replied and disappeared.

While Alex waited for her food and drink she took out her phone. She checked her hair. Her sound. Made sure the camera was clear and right. She pressed record.

"Hey, what up guys? It's Alex. Ok so I had my job interview today. You are looking at the new executive assistant of Mockingbird.

"If you don't know what that is, it's a writing company. They publish books and make magazines and even have a little show.

"Oh I'm so excited I could die. Anyways, I'm at the Good Friends Bar. It's nice for a bar if I do say so myself. My fries are a coming. And here they are. Mm. These are good.

"I should get going. I'm busy as you can see. I love me french fries. Alex signing off. Geronimo! Allons-y!" Alex switched off her phone and ate her food.

Alex finished her coke. Her cup was dry to the bone. She tried to get the bar tenders attention. But he was busy flirting with a fake blond.

"Sir. Excuse me sir." Alex tried but nothing worked.

"Hello love. Having a bit of trouble Here. Excuse me, please get this woman another drink.." Said the man who walked up to Alex.

"Yeah yeah. Just a sec." The bar tender said.

The mystery man walked over to him. He spoke with the blond. She shortly walked away after he spoke with her. Then he talked to the bar tender. Alex didn't hear what they were saying but they both walked over.

"One soda." The bar tender handed her a drink.

"How did you do that?"

"Magic." Said the man with voice that sounded old and wise. Kind, gentle but yet so sad.

"Alex. Alex Moon." Alex stretched out her hand.

"Klaus Mikaelson. A pleasure to meet you Alex."