Chapter 6

I wake up in the hospital the next day... I think. There, Scott and Stiles sit by my bed, looking tired. They obviously haven't gotten any sleep. Stiles grabs ahold of my hand.

"What happend?" I ask sleepily. Scott and Stiles look at each other and sigh.

"So was it an animal or human?" I hear my dad ask. The funny thing is, he's not in the room. I can't even see him in the hall from the windows. I narrow my eyes.

"What the...?" I whisper. I see my dad finally enter the room.

"Hey honey!" He greets. "We're not quite sure what happened, but whatever it was got away before these two boys saved you !" I look over at them, and they give my dad a look as if they recognize him. My dad stays for another 10 minutes, then leaves to work. I turn to Scott and Stiles.

"What the hell happened at the school? Was it a dream? Why do I keep hearing things?" I ask. Scott sighs again.

"This is why I didn't want you to come." He says. "The thing that killed Harris was.. A wolf. A werewolf, actually." Stiles jumps in right after Scott.

"It started coming at me, But you pushed me out of the way. You saved me, Ty."

"Why am I in the hospital then?" I question.

"It... It bit you." I just stare blankly at him for a minute.

"What bit me?" I ask, confused.

"A werewolf." He sighs.

"Is this some kind of joke?" I laugh, obviously no believing him. "Where's the bite then?" I search my body.

"That's the thing," he replies, "it healed."

"Oh yeah, my injury healed so I'm in the hospital for absolutely no reason at all." I say sarcastically.

"Yeah, the principal came and he insisted that you go to the hospital." Scott says.

"So... What? Someone bites me and it healed."

"Ty... You're not human anymore."

"Oh really? What am I then?"

"You're a werewolf."

"Oh yeah? How do you know that? How do you know that thing was a werewolf?"

"Because I'm one, too." Scott says solidly. And at that moment, I actually believe him. It doesnt take long for me to grasp. Then I put the pieces together.

"Is... Isaac one?" I ask.

"Yes." It makes a sense now. I could.. Feel that they were different, though I didn't expect them to be werewolves. How was I able to tell that? Am I like... Psychic? I remember something; when Isaac was at my locker, he asked why I was lying to him, though I kept my voice steady. In detention, Scott told me to calm down, though he was at the back of the room and I wasn't facing him. When you're mad, lying, or scared, your heart rate goes up. I could hear my dad talking when he wasn't even near, too.

"Can you hear someone's heart beat?" I ask.

"Yes." He answers. I think for a moment.

"Teach me some things about being a werewolf."