30. Falling

Esme POV

I felt awful for what had happened just a few hours ago. We were back in the motel. Cill hasn't stopped crying.

I have just been lying in my bed. Staring up at the ceiling. I haven't said a word to the boys. I know that they both blame me for what has happened.

If only I hadn't asked Alex to come over. Why did I do that? Putting a pretty girl like Cill in danger. I knew he was a predator. And I knew that he was targeting Cill. And now he has.... Been so horrible and disgusting. I feel dirty and disgusting. Cill has had 4 showers since we go back. I know she feels the same.

Why?! WHY?! Why does god hate us. I put my helpless 16 year old niece in the hands of an abusive rapist. She almost got killed.

I got up from the bed. The bedroom door was locked. I moved towards the window. It was a four storey drop. I unlatched it and pulled it up. I slid my legs outside and sat on the window sill dangling my legs in the summer air.

I stood up on the sill and steadied myself. Then a women below saw me and screamed. "Don't jump! Don't jump!" She shouted. It caught the attention of more people and they all started yelling at me.

I held tightly onto the window. The wind was pushing me around. I could hear the sounds of city traffic. Angry horns and the hum of roaring engines.

Then the window next to mine opened. Sam stuck his head out and looked at the spectators below to see what the shouting was about. They were all pointing at me and screaming. Some of them were shouting into their phones or dialling 911. Sam followed their fingers to where they were pointing. As soon as he saw me he screamed and ran inside.

I could hear him crying. Then dean stuck his head from the window. He gulped when he saw me. "Come on sweetie, step inside. We can sort this" he said, his voice shaking. I just looked out into the landscape painted in front of me. I let go if the window and put my hands to my sides. And strong gust of wind would push me down. I liked that thought. Leaving Mother Nature entirely responsible for my life. Letting it have control.

When dean saw me let go he gasped. I could be Sam trying to bang my door down. I had locked it and put a chair under the handle.

"Come on baby girl, please! Your giving me a real good scare right now. What ever it is we can make it right!" Dean pleaded.

"You can't dean. I put your daughter, my niece at the hands of a rapist. I called him to us. I gave him the key to taking her away and raping her. I can't keep her safe dean. How can I? How can I when I do something like that? I KNEW what he does to young girls. But I let him come in and do that to her. Cill will never recover from that kind of shit. I did it. I did this to her." I shouted with tears in my eyes. Sam was still smashing into my door. I could hear Pricilla wailing. And dean was crying out of the window. "Come inside. Please! Please come inside. I love you so so much" he sobbed.

Suddenly I short sharp gust of wind pushed me forwards. I over balanced and toppled from the window. The last thing I heard was deans scream before I hit the concrete. Then Black.