Chapter one

As I sat there, alone in my bedroom, I realized that you really can't control much in your life. It's feels like it's your story but somebody else is writing it for you. If I could write my own story, I wouldn't be sitting here, and I most definitly wouldn't feel like this. Time wouldn't have felt like such a waste and I would've said something earlier. The rain was pooring on the outside of my window and the sound of it hitting the roof, made the dark atmosphere inside my room even more unbearable. I could just call him, I thought to myself. But if I was him, I wouldn't pick up. But just hearing his voice would make me feel better. Just a simple sound of his breathing at the other end, would sooth my heartbroken soul.

I picked up the phone and found his name at the top of my contact list. I laughed at the fact that I never changed his contact name. He saved himself in my phone as "supermarket". When I asked him why, he simply answered "because I got it all". 

I gently pushed his name and waited for it to ring. No answer on the first ring, or the second, or the third...fourth...fifth...then a sound at the other end.

"Hello," I said, rushed and unprepared. Silence filled the air

"He's busy. Can I take a message?" A girl's voice said mockingly, followed by laughter by multiple people. I quickly hung up, with a thousand thoughts running through my head. A thousand raging thoughts that was none of my business really. I had no a right to know where he was or who he was with. He was free to do whatever the hell he wanted.

How did I get here? I laid down on my bed, thinking about where it all went wrong. Maybe it all went wrong when I first met Kyle Brooks. Maybe Kyle Brooks was the wrong in my life. After I met Kyle, everything went straight too hell. Or maybe it was just the combination of us together that wasn't right. He wasn't wrong, and I wasn't wrong, but maybe we were wrong together. But how come it felt so right whenever we were together? How come I forgot everything else when I was with him? How come I missed him so much? His rude comments about my chill outfits and lazy weekend habits, his dissaproving stares when I showed up in turtlenecks at school because then he couldn't stare at my cleavage, his extremely innapropriate sexsual jokes constantly present, the way he freaked out whenever somebody touched his car, or how he winked at me whenever he thought of something dirty. Which happened alot. I miss how his brown hair always looked so messy and whenever I tried to fix it, he just gave me a piercing look with those gorgoues eyes brown eyes.

Then the sound of the awful ringtone he asigned himself, blared loudly inside my small room. At least it felt small. Small and empty. Blue by Eiffel 65 filled the empty space. The song was so awkward. I looked down at his ridicoulus name a second before I picked up.

"You got to be kidding me" his voice said. It was really his voice. A big wave of relief washed over me.

"Kyle-," my voice came out desperate and needy.

"She's like a five, maybe six." I could hear the background noise, and it was the same as last time. He was clearly at a party.

"Everything's wrong, Kyle." I cried into the phone. "It all went too far, and I should've stoped. I would take it all back of I could, I di-,"

"A five? Then you clearly haven't slept with her." another voice laughed.

"Because I don't sleep with fives, Jay." I could hear the smirk on his face.

"How about her?" The other blir said suggestingly.

"Tara Reynolds?" Kyle questioned. I should hang up. I don't wanna hear this. He clearly didn't call me. Or maybe he did, just to torture me by making me listen to this.

"Yeah, her."

"I'd take h-," I ended the call. I really messed it up. I lost him. But in a way I didn't, because he was never really mine. Kyle Brooks was never mine. But first now that I realized that, I also realized that I was his.