Introduction

With the start of the 2016 year, I have decided to put together a short (or, perhaps, not so short) guide on how to write Warriors fanfiction. Some of these tips can be applied to general fiction writing but, for the purpose of this fanfiction-specific account and making the guide more detailed in certain areas, I will be focusing on the Warriors fandom.

One thing to keep in mind is that I, myself, am still learning as I go along. A lot of the tips in this book will be based on experiences or thoughts I have had throughout my nine years of writing; the first thing I was ever serious about writing was Warriors fanfiction - my first story was handwritten, 45 pages long. I, like a lot of us Warriors fanfiction writers, once started out with one page chapters, the text one giant blob in the centre, names improperly capitalized and the main character a complete Sue. Though I am no expert, I think I have gone out of my way throughout the years to learn how to properly punctuate dialogue, use semi-colons, develop themes and plots that have deeper meanings, and create characters that are likeable.

So here it is: my very own guide to writing a Warriors fanfiction. Let's see how much nine years of writing and reading can really teach you...