Chapter 5

Marley's POV:
"You have to come with me. I'm not letting you get hurt again." Dylan says as he grabs my arm.

I pull back my arm and rub the bruise he just grabbed.

"Mar, you gotta go with him." Skylar says gesturing towards Dylan.  "I can't stand seeing you so helpless with Luke. Just take a day or two away from home."

Are they crazy? What do they think I take a bag full of clothes with me everywhere I go? But getting away from Luke for a few days, and being with Dylan sounds marvelous.

"We'll go get you some clothes from the store." Dylan says as he heads towards the steps.

Once we make it out to the parking lot of the ballpark. We follow Dylan to his car. He walks to the passenger door and looks at me. 

"You gotta come.  Even your friend agrees wit me." Dylan says.

"Yeah. I don't even know this guy and I trust his with you more than I trust Luke." Skylar says.

"Fine, but don't back to town. Luke will probably show up at your house looking for me. I don't want him hurting in the process of finding me." I say hugging Skylar.

Skylar nods and heads in the direction of her car. I turn around and Dylan is still standing beside the passenger door. I smile as I get into the car and wait for him to get in on the other side.

When he gets in the car, he doesn't start the ignition, he just looks at me.

"You're cute ya know?" He says as he turns on the car and starts to back up.

What am I supposed to think of that?

Dylan's POV:
As I'm driving, I occasionally glance at Marley. She really is beautiful. I can't believe someone would want to hurt her.

"You okay over there?" Marley asks. 

"Yeah fine." I say smiling at her.

Once we get out of the traffic I pull into the mall. I jump out of the car and run to the other side and open the door for Marley before she could even open it.

"Thank you sir." She says giving me a curtsy.

I throw my head back and laugh as I steer her towards the door. As soon as we walk in Marley squeals.

"What?" I ask.

"Can we go to Pink?" She asks with puppy dog eyes.

"Anything for you." I say with a smirk.
.............................................................................
A/N: goals.