chapter two

:josh:

First day of my senior year of high school! I'm rolling my eyes even thinking about this.

I've caused way too much trouble in school and now this is the last year. I better make this the most memorable.

I'm already bored of this place and it's been 20 minutes since I walked in the giant metal double doors.

I do have a group of friends that I hang out with but I spent my entire summer with them. It's no surprise to me.

I made my way to the bleachers to find my friend group. They all welcomed me as I sat in the circle with them.

But overall I'm known as the "bad boy." Whatever it takes to qualify, that's what I am.. I guess?

We sat in the gym for awhile. I was crowded around so I was stuck in the middle of a wave of people. I was on my phone 98% of the time.

I looked up once and saw a kid by himself in the corner. He was staring directly at me. As soon as we made eye contact, he looked away.

-

The same kid who made eye contact with me was in my roster for the year. I don't know why the hell this kid is standing out to me. He seems different

We introduced ourselves to the class, the quiet kid walked up to the front.

His name is Tyler. That's a pretty name. He also plays instruments, that's cool. I play the drums at the local music store since I can't afford a drum kit and I don't think my relatives want to hear loud banging coming from our basement.

-

It was finally lunchtime, he was in the same lunchroom as me. I got bored of my friends since I saw literally all of them every single day in the sumner.

I peaked over and saw quiet kid was sitting alone. He was writing something in some notepad, he seemed really into it. Don't fuck this one up.

I didn't want to scare him so I just kind of sat next to him.

"Hello! Your name is.. Tyler? Right?"

He whispered back at me, no eye contact at all. "hi and yes"

"What are you doing?"

He closed his notepad "Just writing..uh.. notes."

"Do you mind if I sit with you for the rest of lunch? Maybe we can get to know each other?" I'm so bored of my friends, time to make new ones for once.

He mumbled "yeah sure."

"So I heard you play the piano & ukulele? I play the drums if that interests you."

Tyler grinned a little, finally looking up at me "Yeah, that's interesting. I like drums, they're cool."

Silence began so in that time, my mind began to list all the things that could lead to a friendship since I'm so desperate.

"Wait Tyler, do you want to hang out at some park with me. I want to know you more."

"That sounds like a plan to me." He smiled to me.