New embarrassment

"How long are you staying here oppas?" Aedda asked, hoping it would be for a long time, because she had zero friends and it has been over a year since the last time she saw her brothers.

"One week." They both replied in monotone. That wasn't long at all, but what was she expecting? They both had jobs and lives, they couldn't just drop everything just because Aedda was bored. "Oh yeah, we heard from mum that you got a job, as a babysitter?" Hyuk asked, a bit bewildered by the thought of his sister actually looking after another being.

"Yeah, why?" Aedda asked, a bit puzzled by how shocked her brother sounded. "Nothing, it's just hard to believe that mum would trust you not to lose other people's children." Jae explained, fighting back his laughter.

"Wow, thanks guys. Well it was nice seeing you, I'm off to bed." Aedda said, getting up and heading to her room. When she realised, "um, where are you guys going to sleep?"

"We will be sleeping on the couch. You do know it's a sofa bed, right?" Hyuk asked, realising the answer to his question was no, she didn't. "Well, go on, off to bed. We will be going somewhere for a meeting in the morning, so don't forget to wake up early!" Jae said, enthusiastically.

***

The next morning, Aedda woke up to the smell of pancakes.

Yay! Jae-oppa must be making his special pancakesWith that thought, Aedda shot out of bed and made her way towards the kitchen. Her vision was still blurry, since she wasn't really a morning person, but she could definitely tell that that was Jae's black hair.

"Oppa that smells so nice!" Aedda half yawned. Suddenly, the figure (which Aedda thought was her brother) turned, revealing a wide eyed boy. A too familiar boy.

"Min Hee I thought you said she was the same age as me? Why is she calling me oppa?" The boy asked, looking in the direction of the dining table. Where a girl was giggling her head off. "She did say that, maybe Aedda-unnie can't see very well." And with that they both started laughing. Leaving Aedda a blushing mess, what did I just do? Wait, what are they doing in my apartment?

"Um, I'm sorry but-" Aedda couldn't finish her sentences, how do you ask someone what they're doing in your apartment without being rude?

"No need to apologise unnie, Mr. and Mrs. Ryu told us to come take care of you. Something about not wanting you to die of boredem. Anyway, we should be sorry for scaring you." Min Hee explained, whilst doodling on her piece of paper. Aedda didn't know what to say, this child was just too kind. But, it wasn't her she wanted an apology from, she wanted an apology from the boy that was now tossing the pancakes in the air. She didn't know why, but it angered her how he made her an embarrassment and then acted like it was okay. Jungkook sighed, feeling the stare he got from the girl behind him, and turned around.

"You should really get dressed before the pancakes get cold." Jungkook said, as bluntly as he talked the first time they met. Aedda felt herself blushing once she realised she must've looked like a complete mess, and went into the bathroom to shower.

Aedda ate her breakfast, trying hard not to look too happy. The truth was, Jungkook's pancakes were no better than Jae's, you could almost feel the hate in Jungkook's pancakes. In controversy, they were just as delicious and Aedda couldn't complain; the last time she tried to make pancakes, she nearly burned the stove.

"Okay, well you're fed now. We will get going, there's some more in the fridge if you get hungry." Jungkook said, while watching the girl wash the dishes. He wanted to help, he really did, but then he would come across nice and then the next thing he would know is... He didn't want to think about it.

"What? But Kookie-oppa, unnie would die of boredem if we leave, let's take her to the park again! It's really nice there in the summer, maybe we would see some ducks!" Min Hee rambled on. Jungkook rolled his eyes in return, knowing that his sister would have her way in the end.

"Aish, fine. But, at least ask Aedda if she wants to come." Aedda's eyes widened, this was the first time Jungkook had said her name, maybe he was (slowly) warming up to her? Maybe not, but it made Aedda happy to know she won't have zero friends over the summer.

"Alright, unnie do you want to come to the park today?" Min Hee asked, whilst doing the most adorable pouting face ever.

How can I say no to that? Aedda thought to herself, nodding with enthusiasm. Again, she heard the slight chuckle from the boy, who was now helping his sister with her shoes, but his face was expressionless when she looked his way.