Back for You

Matt's Pov

I'm sitting on the couch watching a rerun of rookie blue when the phone rings.

"Hello?" I answer lazily into my mobile.

"Is this Matt Tomlin?"

"Yes, who is speaking?" I ask, although they sound slightly familiar.

"This is Emily mom, Julianna. I am at the Foxden Local Hospital. Emily was..."

I hear sniffling through the phone.

"She was shot."

I quickly drop the phone and start panicking. Why do these things always happen to us?

"Hello? Hello?"

"Shit!" I reach down to the floor and pick it up. "Sorry, I dropped the phone. I can't believe my girl was shot! Emily was perfect! Damn!" Tears streamed down my face like a waterfall. I slammed my face into the pillow. I wonder how serious it really is.

"Matt! Are your ok?" Mrs. Carter asked.

Are you kidding me? " No! I'm not! Why would I be? My girlfriend was shot!" I yelled as loud as I could.

"Matt! Calm down! We are all distraught over what happened. Emily is under going emergency surgery to remove the bullet," Emily's mom said to me.

"Where?"

"I told you, at the..."

"No, where did she get hit on her body, I meant."

Please don't say head! Please don't say head!

"Her head..."

"Tell Emily, I'm coming..." and I hang up without another word.

I'm coming Emily.

Hang in there!

I want you.

I'm coming, baby.

I need you.