Chapter 2: Father

I was taken back at the thought if actually being able to meet my dad.
"Really?" I couldn't believe him.
He nodded, looking unsure as to whether to smile or not.

"I can take you to him of you'd like." He offered.

"I need a moment." I managed, heading outside the warehouse.

I breathed deeply.
In.
Out.

This was huge. Since I could remember I'd imagined meeting my dad and what I'd say. I could never quite decide what he'd say.

Years of thinking about this moment and I had no idea what to do.
Theory doesn't mean much until you've had experience I guess.

I wiped my eyes one last time and zipped up my backpack.

Half way out the door I stopped myself- I can't do this. Can I?
My mum's just died.

The very thought brought back the horrific images of her bloody body, the terror in her bloodshot eyes brought tears to mine.
"No...no not again." I whispered to myself, pinching my arm in attempt to stop.

Footsteps sounded and I felt the angels eyes on me.
I didn't even care.

"I'm sorry about your mother." He bowed his head respectfully.
"Perhaps this is all too much for you." He suggested and I jerked back.
"No!" I protested.

This could quite possibly have been my only chance and I wasn't giving it up that easily.

I took a deep breath and forced my sobs to a halt.

"I- I want to meet him."

"...okay." He hesitated before placing his fingers on my forehead.

A flash of nothingness enveloped me and I instinctively closed my eyes.

When I opened them I appeared to be in some sort of bunker. A long dining table lined the floor and two men were at the other end.
One, with longer brown hair and a slightly larger build, was on his laptop.
The other, had a plate of pie and was busy digging through the pastry.

Both of them stopped what they were doing and looked up.

They looked more than surprised to see me stood next to their angel friend.
I looked up at Castiel, unsure of what to do next.
If he noticed me looking, he didn't react. Instead, he took a step forward and began to speak.

"Sam, this is Alice Winchester-Brooks, her mother is-"

"Was." I corrected sternly.

"Is," He insisted "Death doesn't change that."

"Her mother is Saskia Brooks," Who I now knew as Sam's eyes glistened with recognition "Alice is your daughter."

Sam's eyes fell on mine and I shifted nervously, managing a weak smile.
"What?" The other man scoffed.

"Dean, I assure you this is Sam's daughter. As an angel I have access to her timeline." Castiel backed me up and I felt relieved to have someone be so kind.

"So how come you've got some British accent?" Dean pressed.

"I was born in England." I shrugged, not having taken in their American accents until now.

"I believe you and your father must have had a case in England some time ago." Cas suggested an explanation.

"I remember that one, the Vampire nest, remember?" Sam agreed.

"...yeah." Dean nodded, still unconvinced.

I then notified Sam's- Dad's -eyes hadn't left mine. They were filled with shock and still seemed to be processing Castiel's previous words.

"Cas, you're sure?" ...Dad asked.

I could barely breath. Everything was happening so suddenly and it was all too much.

I took a step back to balance myself and Castiel looked over to me with worry. "Alice?" S- Dad questioned.

"Y-yeah?" I managed.

"You okay?" Dean asked, stepping forward to me.

I ran a hand through my overgrown fringe, catching my Dad's worried gaze.

"Is she okay?" Dean tried his question on Castiel, who shook his head.
"Her Mother died about an hour ago, so I don't think so."

I felt my eyes moisten and I struggled to hold back the tears again.

"An hour ago?!" My Dad repeated, shocked.
He ran over to me and I shied from his gaze.
"Well, yes. Perhaps less than, it's hard to say."

My breathing spread up involuntarily and I struggled to catch any more breaths.

Then everything went black.