Chapter One

"Argh! I'm going to be so late! Mom is going to kill me, Tikki!"
A girl with two dark short pig tails searched through her school bag, making sure she had everything for her day at school.
"Oh Marinette, did you check the calendar?"
Tikki tried to get her attention but she was already heading down the steps to the bakery doors.
"It's just another school day for as much as I can remember. I'll just ask Alya what day it is when I get to school."
She rushed out of the bakery and down the block, nearly tripping over her own feet.
"Marinette! Today is Saturday!" Tikki yelled, desperately flying after her.
"Saturday? Oh, it's Saturday!" Marinette stopped running before falling face first into the sidewalk. "Oh my gosh."
She shook her head, slowly getting up and brushing herself off.
"I feel so embarrassed now, Tikki! Why didn't you tell me earlier?"
Tikki flew straight into her bag when she caught up. Marinette was confused before she turned around to see a man, slowly walking up to her.
"Do you have any spare change for the homeless, young lady?" Tikki shook her head softly  but Marinette pulled out a dollar from her bag.
"Keep it, I hope your life becomes brighter someday." She smiled and skipped off, heading back in the same direction she came from.
"You're so very kind, Marinette." Tikki praised as Marinette held her head high.
"There are some good and caring people in this world full of cruel and selfish people."
Tikki smiled up at her softly but sadly. "And you're definitely one of the nice ones."
~
A few moments after, Chloe walked down the same sidewalk. Sabrina followed her with all of Chloe's shopping bags. Chloe was too busy on her phone to see the same homeless man walking up to them, asking them as well for money.
"Do you have money for the homeless, young ladies?" The man gave his honest smile which caused Chloe to give a look of disgust.
"Why on earth would I give you any of my precious money? Get your own! And while you're at it, buy some more this century clothes." She quickly walked away, still shaking her blonde pony tail with disgust, Sabrina following her trail. The homeless man turned back to his corner filled with anger, but also filled with sadness.
Far away in his hidden hideout, Hawk Moth laughed with delight.
"Ah, a homeless man being treated so horribly by a rich girl deserves to have revenge." He cupped a butterfly whom had flown close enough in his hands and spread the evil from his palm within the insect.
"Go my akuma. Capture that man." Hawk Moth let the creature go and the akuma flew through the window, on route towards the homeless man's corner.
It sneaked up behind the saddened man and brushed the dollar bill Marinette had given him earlier on. Hawk Moth's voice echoed through his head, almost as though it was his own.
"Coin Collector. I am Hawk Moth. I will give you enough power to take away all the money from those who have been spoiled and cruel to you. In exchange, I need for you to bring me Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculous."
Coin Collector smirked, listening to every word. It seemed like quite a fair deal for some silly little accessories.
"I'll do whatever I can." The homeless man transformed into the day's super villain, Coin Collector, and blasted his way off towards the bank.
~
When Marinette had arrived back home, she went straight up to her room, flopping down on her bed, exhausted.
"Oh boy Tikki, today has already been rough."
She closed her eyes, relaxing for a moment before she jumped when her phone started ringing like crazy.
Marinette sat up from her flopped position and examined the caller ID. "It's Alya, who else would call me?" She giggled to herself before answering the call.
"Bonjour Alya!" Marinette put her phone up to her ear before immediately regretting so as Alya was yelling excitedly on the other end, talking about a bank robbery.
"A bank robbery, huh? I bet Ladybug will be there to help." That sentence sent Alya wild with excitement.
"Make sure you get something on your Ladyblog." Marinette nodded before she hung up, and turned her attention to Tikki.
"Sounds like Paris needs us, Tikki."
She got up from her bed and set her phone down. "A hero's work is never done." She smiled.
"Tikki, Spots on! Yeah!" Marinette quickly transformed into her well known Paris superhero, Ladybug, before going out to her balcony.
She used her yoyo to swing her from building to building, all the way downtown to the bank, which was way quicker than her running on top of buildings.
When she arrived on the scene, civilians were already running out of the bank and screaming. She made her way down from the nearby building she had been looking down from.
After she let a few civilians go past, she ran towards the exit. She stopped just in time before an explosion came from inside the bank.
"Well that doesn't sound good." She quickly but quietly made her way inside the entrance, making sure her path was clear before moving.
She hid behind a wall before peeking out to see a man using his powers to break through the bank vault.
She watched the man for a little bit, trying to analyze the powers he had. When she finally got a good glimpse of the man's face, a tiny gasp escaped her lips when she recognized who she was staring at.
"That's the homeless man I gave a dollar to earlier today." Ladybug whispered to herself. "Oh no, that poor man got tripped up by an akuma." She wondered how on earth he could've been mixed up with one in the first place.
Her mind flashed back to the conversation she had with Tikki after the incident.
"There are some good and caring people in this world full of cruel and selfish people."
Ladybug sighed to herself. That poor homeless man must've came in contact with someone cruel and selfish.
"We've got to rescue him-"
She was cut short when a quarter came flying towards her, hitting her right smack in the face. It stuck to the middle of her forehead.
She took it off, looking at it strangely. 4 seconds later, the quarter exploded, sending her whole body flying backwards.
Her back slammed the arched wall above the entrance, her head throbbing from the impact.
"Ugh." Gravity started to pull her body downwards, upside down, until her fall was interrupted by some comfortable, strong arms.
"Am I late, M'lady?" Chat smiled, cradling her tightly to his chest.
"Chat Noir!" Ladybug was a little bit in disbelief before realization hit her that he indeed was late.
"And yes, you are quite late. Coin Collector has coin bombs. They will explode in a matter of seconds." Ladybug groaned, for she knew from experience.
She then climbed out of his embraced, preparing herself into a fighting position.
"Think we can take him?" Chat tilted his head, getting into a fighting position as well.
"Oh Kitty, we're Ladybug and Chat Noir. Of course we can." Ladybug winked, before she ran towards Coin Collector. Chat smiled, admiring her confidence before following after her.
~
Ladybug immediately went for Coin Collector's wrist. Her yoyo wrapped around it easily, and she tugged backwards.
Coin Collector went backwards only a bit, before yanking his arm back. Ladybug's strength wasn't enough and she flew right towards him.
Coin Collector snatched her arm in the process, a look of anger on his face.
"Don't get in my way, little bug. Or I'll squish you like I do all others."
Ladybug dangled where her arm was being held, trying any possible way to loosen his grip. Coin Collector held her up to where her feet couldn't reach the floor.
"Now, Coin Collector! Grab her Miraculous!" Hawk Moth yelled excitedly inside Coin Collector's head.
Coin Collector reached for her ear, Ladybug dodging the other way in the process. Coin Collector tried again, bringing Ladybug closer to where she couldn't dodge for much longer.
Chat Noir's staff cut in between them, making Coin Collector drop Ladybug in surprise. She tumbled to the ground but quickly got back up in shock.
"Excuse me, but who gave you permission to touch My Ladybug?" Chat Noir's smirk said one thing but the anger in his eyes said another. Ladybug was about to take Coin Collector down but froze a little in surprise, her heart pounding a little faster than before.
She thought nothing of it and quickly stood up, backing away as Chat pounced on Coin Collector.
Ladybug averted her eyes around for something useful.
"I don't know if now is the time to use my lucky charm.." Her thoughts were cut short when she heard a snap. She gasped, her eyes scanning the scene as Coin Collector threw down Chat's now broken staff.
"No one has ever done that before.." Ladybug whispered to herself, shaking her head in disbelief.
"Cataclysm!" Chat Noir yelled, just plain angry without much of a plan. He broke off a piece of metal from the broken vault that was about the same length as his staff, continuing to fight against Coin Collector.
"Ugh, he's so stupid! He's now only got 5 minutes left before he de-transforms. Now's a better time than ever, I guess."
Ladybug wasted no time gathering her yoyo from the floor.
"Lucky Charm!" After the whole flashing lights and pretty scenery thing was done, a fan appeared, dropping lightly in her hands.
" A fan? Of all the things I've had, this is just ridiculous. But they do always work." She looked around, finding an outlet nearby where Coin Collector has been standing. She then saw his bag of money.
She put together a plan in her head as Chat's grunts got louder. Coin Collector now had Chat in his grasp.
"Ah, I could dump the money bag and have money flutter everywhere. He'll be so distracted by trying to get all the money, so I can swipe the real dollar out of his pocket!"
She quickly ran over without being seen and plugged in the fan. She sneaked the bag from his big load of stolen money and turned the fan on high.
She emptied the bag in front of the fan, causing all kinds of dollar bills to flutter around everywhere.
"My money!" Coin Collector dropped Chat, who apparently looked as confused as Coin Collector was.
Ladybug quickly sneaked up behind Coin Collector as he fetched for money, and took the dark purple colored dollar out of his pocket.
Before Coin Collector could turn around to snatch it up, Ladybug ripped it in half letting the pieces flutter to the ground.
"NOOO!" Coin Collector cried out, dropping to his knees. The akuma slipped out of the ripped dollar as Ladybug gritted her teeth at the evil butterfly.
"You tried doing harm little akuma." She opened her yoyo, spinning it for a second before capturing the akuma.
The yoyo cleansed the butterfly from all its evil before Ladybug let it out.
"Bye-Bye little butterfly." She waved to the insect as it flew away.
Ladybug threw the fan into the air.
"Miraculous Ladybug!" All the money was put back into the safe, the safe was fixed, and Chat's staff returned back to one piece.
Coin Collector turned back to the homeless man she had seen earlier.
"What? What happened?" Chat Noir looked around, quite confused. Ladybug smiled, giving Chat Noir a fist bump.
"Mission accomplished!" Ladybug stated, earning a smiled back from Chat, even if he was still a bit confused on what had happened.
Ladybug quickly pulled her fist away when her Miraculous beeped. "Looks like I've got to go!" She quickly used her yoyo to swing out of the bank before Chat had time to protest.
"L-Ladybug..." Chat managed before he sighed, hearing his own Miraculous beep. He quickly ran towards the entrance before he transformed back to Adrien Agreste.
~
Ladybug quickly transformed back into Marinette, as soon as she turned the corner to an alley way between the bank and an apartment building.
Tikki went flying everywhere, until Marinette caught her in her hands.
"Well we got him." Tikki laid breathlessly on Marinette's warm hands which caused Marinette to giggle softly.
"Yeah. I just feel sad for the homeless man." Marinette peeked around the corner, watching as the police helped the homeless man to his feet and into the police car to take him back to his corner.
"I know. But the world can't be a dream for all of us." Tikki sighed sadly, before drifting off to sleep.
Marinette smiled a little, tucking Tikki into her pocket. She turned the corner, nearly smacking right into another person.
"Gah! I'm so sorry-" Marinette rubbed her head, which developed a headache from the smack against the wall earlier and nearly fainted when she saw Adrien Agreste stepping back from her.
"A-Adrien! I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going!" Marinette quickly apologized over and over again until Adrien started laughing.
"It's alright really. I was just wondering if you were okay." Adrien put his hand on her shoulder, giving chills down Marinette's back.
"O-of course I am! I'm totally clumsy so this is normal." She laughed nervously, mentally facepalming herself when Adrien looked back at the bank.
"I'd better go. I have another photoshoot in an hour." Adrien waved before quickly jogging down the sidewalk.
Marinette sighed happily, watching him before almost stepping on a piece of overripe Camembert laying on the sidewalk.
Marinette's eyes widened. "Whoa! I didn't see that before. Did Adrien drop that?" She leaned down and examined the cheese before noticing a small black figure munching on the other side.
"Hello little guy." Marinette smiled down at the creature, until it froze in fear. It quickly looked around, noticing where it was before flying up to meet Marinette's blue eyes.
"It's a Kwami." Tikki peeked from Marinette's pocket, flying towards it. "Hi, I'm Tikki!" Tikki smiled proudly as the creature's eyes widened.
"Are you Ladybug's Kwami?" The little creature whispered in awe. Marinette gasped as Tikki nodded.
"This is The Ladybug." She nodded her head towards Marinette as the creature lit up. "Marinette? You're Ladybug? Oh boy, this is great! I've gotta find Adri- I mean my friend." The creature shot past them both, flying quickly away.
"Wait, what's your name?" Tikki called as he looked back for a moment.
"I'm Plagg! And I'm Chat Noir's Kwami!" He yelled back, before zipping off into the distance.