Letter 17

Dear Lilo,

It took far longer than we wanted, but we have established a strong base of operation. It's still too dangerous to tell you where I am. If anything, or anyone, were to come for you, I want you to honestly be able to say you don't know where I am. For safety, make sure that you dispose of my letters. It's hard for me to say that though... I've kept each and everyone one of yours. I left everything behind on my ship. Everything but what you've sent to me.

I hope you'll be able to give me updates on our family. I know you're having trouble trusting anyone right now, but make sure to remember who your 'Ohana is. They've always been there for us. We have to be there for them.

Does anyone know that I'm missing? Has everyone been told to watch out for me? I don't think I want to know what lies have been told.

Rueben wants to talk to Angel. I don't blame him. But it's too dangerous. The fact that he's even here is amazing. I wish there was some way we could tell her and the kids that he's safe.

I'm sorry if this seems random. I'm having trouble keeping things straight in my head. After getting here, it's been nothing but missions, combat, debriefing, planning. It's never ending. And still, everyone looks to me for leadership. I feel like I'm truly broken at this point. The only thing keeping me going is you and Lei. Just the thought of maybe being able to come home is driving me forward.

It's hard though. To know that I'm now also fighting the United Galactic Federation. How many innocent people are going to be caught up in this fight? Just because I can't even tell who the enemy is anymore. Did capturing those RODENTS leaders even mean anything? Or did I just help put them all in one place? Before they were divided, now, only a couple of them aren't together.

At the very least our missions are going well. The 'rebellion,' which is what I'm told we're being called, is gaining more and more followers. In truth, we're just fighting against those we think have been taken under RODENTS control. Jumba is now with us too. He's working to find out exactly how the people are going missing. And just what happened to them to make them so different once their back.

I can't talk about this anymore. It's too tiring. I need to relax I need a break. I need you. I need to see you.

Maybe we'll be able to come by Earth. We're no longer on a schedule after all. What do you think? I need you to be okay with it in order to happen. Or maybe we can take you away. Cobra can procure a rescue ship and we'll pick up you, Lei, Nani, David, and Pleakley.

Maybe we can just leave this war. Find a place it hasn't reached. Live out peacefully.....

I don't know when I'll be able to message you again. But I hope I'll get a reply from you soon. Think about what I said. Please. For me.

Love, Stitch

e