05. fergalicious // fergie

Chanel Martin was having a seriously shitty day. Her cousin and pathetic band of friends accused her of murder, she got dress coded by two teachers because her skirt was too 'short'--have they seen Lydia's dresses?--and Beacon Hill High School's cafeteria food was disgusting.

Chanel stared down at the bubbling refried beans before her and sighed, on the verge of actual tears--not the fake ones she produced earlier in the bus lot. Placing her chin in the palm of her hand, Chanel averted her eyes to the sophomore across from her. "Liam," she whined, "how are you eating this disgusting food?"

Liam Dunbar whipped his head up at the sound of his name. His eyes were wide and he was slouched over his food, obviously nervous and wanting to get the hell out of the cafeteria. The McCall pack didn't have the same lunch period as him, and Liam's best friend Mason wasn't anywhere to be found, leaving the beta to be dragged about by the hands of Chanel. "Uhhh," he stuttered and dropped his fork, "dunno." He muttered and shrugged his shoulders.

Chanel narrowed her gaze at the boy, making him laugh nervously. She knew what he was thinking; she knew his mind was on the bodies in her basement. How could he not be thinking about the awful things he saw? Chanel could barely keep the horrific images of blood and dismembered limbs out of her mind daily. It was her ugly brothers fault, anyway! Well--kind of; it was complicated.

"Liam! Dude," A joyous voice chimed, making the two turn their heads to the left. Mason was walking over, dodging people left and right, with his backpack slung over his shoulder and a bright grin on his face. Liam groaned and waved a bit at his best friend. He definitely didn't want Mason meeting Chanel.

"Who's that?" Chanel inquired curiously. Liam averted his eyes back over to her to see her concentrated on Mason. "He's kind of hot." The sides of her pink lips quirked up in a smirk.

Liam's face twisted in disgust at Chanel's words. "Yeah, well, he's kind of gay," He declared, causing the blonde to pout and him to roll his eyes. "And my best friend." The boy sighed and mumbled out, sensing Mason approaching closer.

A sweet smile lit up Chanel's face when Mason pulled out a chair next to Liam, set his backpack on the ground, and plopped down. "Hey, man." His smile was still present and he clapped his wolf-y friend on the back.

"Hi, Mason." Liam smiled awkwardly as his body shook from the harsh push his friend gave him. "I was wondering where you were." Liam added. You're too late to save me from the demon Chanel, he thought.

"Who's your friend, Li?" Chanel's evil voice rang in Liam's ears. He glared daggers over at her and refrained from growling. He was about to fight that blonde twig.

Mason turned his attention toward the demon girl and smiled kindly. "Hey, I'm Mason Hewitt." He introduced himself without missing a beat. "You're Chanel, right?" He inquired politely.

"Chanel Martin, that's me." She smirked proudly, outstretching her arm to shake Mason's hand. Mason gladly returned the gesture before they both retracted their arms and settled in their seats.

The air was awkward for a few moments, their eyes darting around, not sure what to say, before Chanel slammed her palms on the table and stood up. The two boys were started and gazed up at her with astonished eyes. "Let's go get some pizza." Chanel whined.

Mason and Liam couldn't ever resist pizza.

* * *

Liam had decided that Chanel wasn't half bad. Although he hated to admit it, she was quite talented at keeping a conversation going and buying as much pizza as Mason and him could digest. Surprisingly, she hadn't scowled once the whole time the three had sat down in a booth at Duffy's Pizza Parlor. Maybe the pack had wrongly judged her--or maybe Liam was easily fooled.