Chapter 4: No Name

"What's wrong with her?" The commander asked Dr. Brew as they stood there and watched the nurses clean up the blood from around tomboy's mouth and hands. "Bronchitis, it's an inflammation of the bronchial tubes. The most common cause of bronchitis is a viral or bacterial infection, but other causes may include irritants like tobacco smoke, air pollution, or chemicals." Dr. Brew answered. "What cause her to get it?" "Well... Its not from tobacco smoke, her teeth are white and she doesn't have asthma because she was breathing fin when we were talking to her. My guess is that its from bacteria, she's been out in the ocean for months and when you leave water out in the sun it only takes a couple of days for organisms to start to grow in it." Brew replied. The both of them walked over to tomboy where she sat up on her bed and taking a drink of water to get ride of any blood left in her mouth. "How are you doing?" Commander asked while he took his hat off. "Better I guess, besides tasting blood, oddly at the same time I enjoy its flavor." She said and the two men looked at each other weirdly. "So um, lets try this again. What do you remember? Or do you remember anything?" Dr. Brew asked. "Umm, I think is was swimming... Jumping off a cliff into the water. I broke the surface of the water and remember nothing else. Well... I remember floating on a... piece of wood in the middle of the ocean. I think it was wood... I also remember every now and then waking up to fish nibbling at my stomach." She said as she pulled up her gown and looked her stomach. The wounds were stitched up, but small chuncks of skin were missing. "Do you remember how you got those bullet wounds?" The commander asked. "I... I don't know. Every time I try to remember something my head hurts." She said as she rubbed the back of her head. "Can you show me where it hurts?" The doctor asked as he got closer to her. "Right here." She responded pointing to the back of her head that was slightly on her left side. The doctor placed his palm of her head and felt around the area lightly pressing down. "My lord, you have a knit the size of a walnut on the back of your head." He said as he felt the lump. "She must have hit her head when she jumped off the cliff and drifted out into sea." Ash said as the two men seen her standing in the door way listening in. "What did I tell you about coming in here?!" The commander yelled at her. "That if I were caught in here again I would be punished. But I wanted to see how our cast away was doing since I am the one who found her." She said as she came in and stood beside tomboy. "You better not be skipping hand to hand combat practice for this." The commander said as he pointed at her then walked out. "Glad he's gone..." Ash said and elbowed tomboy messing around. "I'm Ash, the girl around here that kick's ass." She stuck out her hand to tomboy and they shook hands. "I'd tell you my name, but... I don't know it." Tomboy replied and laughed at her self. "Oh! We might as well give you one since we can't find any records of your name or... Anything at all. Is there any name you want?" The doctor asked tomboy. She sat there and thought for a bit, umm..." How abou-" "what's this?" Ash said as she looked at tomboy's wrist and she turned her hand forcefully cause the IV to hurt her and she winced. "Lizz?" Ash questioned reading the printed ink on her hand. Tomboy looked at her under side of her wrist and seen the tattoo of 'lizz' with a cute lizard wrapped around the L. "Maybe your name is Lizz?" Ash said. "Maybe, but what if its someone else's name." The doctor suggested. "I like Lizz, its pretty." Tomboy said, Ash looked over at the doctor and slid on a devilish smirk. "You heard her, Lizz it is." She said and the doctor gave a pissed look back and wrote it down on a piece of paper. "Last name?" "Hmmm, how about Valdis." (Look it up what it means.) "Valdis?.... Alright, you want it." The doctor said and wrote it down. "Oh shit, I've got to go before Commander ass face is going to find me. Later." Ash said and rushed out of the room at the same time the commander came in. "Where is she?? I'm going to hang her!" The commander said as he frantically looked around. "She just ran out sir." The doctor said and the commander started to walk off again. "Sir, wait. What are we going to do with her?" The commander stopped in his tracks and turned around. "I suppose we keep her." "On the island?" "Its not like she going to walk out of here and remember what her friends and family look like. Its best if we just keep her here. She can make new friends, just hopefully not with Ash or jerry. I walk to my tent to see a dick drawn on the side of it." The commander said and he ran off again to find the two that vandalized his tent. The doctor turned towards me and shrugged. "Well I guess if you're staying I'll have to assign you to a tent and get you clothes and a bunch of other stuff." He said as he sat down beside me on a chair with a pen and clip board in his hands and began to fill out papers.

Tomboy's thoughts ran around her head like a mouse in a box. What was going to happen with her, what would happen to her unknown family, what would happen on this island?