Part I

Rey woke up as the sun rose over the horizon and she smiled. Her first day of training had begun. Leia knew this was a good idea and had convinced Rey to stay with Luke until her training had been completed. It took a few days to coerce Luke, but she had managed it. He warned her that it would be exceedingly difficult, but she agreed anyways. And besides, the view wasn't too bad either.

She stretched and put on her boots before walking outside the stone structure. She saw the sun just about the oceanic horizon, rendering her speechless. She had seen many suns over her travels recently, but never had she seen one like this. Where it hovered over water rather than endless sand.

"You're up early. That's good," Luke interrupted, jolting Rey back into reality. She turned around and grinned, overly excited for her first day.

"I'm ready to begin training, Master Skywalker," Rey replied, bowing her head slightly. Luke gave a half smile before turning and walking away.

"Then, come," Luke instructed as Rey followed quickly behind.

Kylo Ren paced in his quarters after returning from the medical wing. He put on the mask, not to hide the healing gash, but in hopes to find an answer. He always found it easier to focus with the mask on. He had to find the girl that gave him the scar. He had to retrieve the lightsaber, his family heirloom. He also had to get that girl on his side. She was just as, if not more, powerful as he was. Bringing her over to his side would ensure his destiny and finish what Vader had started. But he had no idea where he was going to find this girl.

He a burning feeling that the girl had already found his previous teacher, Luke Skywalker, but he could not confirm it. There was no way to find him without the last piece of the map. If she had found him, that meant that Kylo was running out of time. Luke could have taken her in as an apprentice, and maybe others. Snoke's premonition would be correct, and it would all come crashing in on Kylo. He was the one that said that the girl was all he needed to get the map. He was the one that let the droid go, right into the hands of the Resistance. His pace quickened.

If he couldn't stop this, he truly would have failed. He would have failed as a Knight of Ren and as the prodigy of Vader. His entire life would be for nothing if the Jedi were brought back into being. No, he had to stop this heresy, and soon. Hux was already on his way over to discuss plans for their next move.

He had to take the map from the Resistance. It was the only way, and he had to do it fast before all was lost. He knew what he had to do and stopped. He took a deep breath, wondering if he had the courage to do it. This wouldn't be like when he dealt with Solo, no, this was going to be far more painful and agonizing. Of course, he would have to go and consult with Snoke before the deed could be done, but Kylo knew that this was the best chance he had if he was going to get to Skywalker in time.

Poe walked into the medical building, his helmet under his arm. He was training more pilots to succeed the ones that he had lost at Starkiller. The General had informed him that Finn was beginning to wake up and thought that Poe should be there when he did. Poe hurried over to his side as Finn began to sit up in his bed.

"Hey, buddy," Poe soothed as Finn winced in pain. His back was still very tender from the burns it had endured. Finn managed a smile and relaxed. "Welcome back."

"Thanks. What happened while I was out? I remember fighting Ren and- Wait, where's Rey? Is she okay?" Finn asked, suddenly very frantic and tried to get out of the bed. Poe pushed him back down and shook his head.

"She's fine. She went and found Skywalker. When she comes back, she will be a full Jedi," Poe explained as Finn relaxed again, glad to know that his friend was going to be okay after all.