Part V

Cristin did as she instructed and found Poe for Kylo. He was tending to his fighter with BB8 by his side. Kylo gave a look of disgust at both pilot and droid. Cristin walked over to Poe after motioning the other to stay where they were. She was worried that something was going to break out, as even she could feel the tension. Poe climbed down the ladder, looking very irritated with her. BB8 was beeping and bobbing, looking between the pilots. She explained to Poe her new assignment and pleaded for him to work with her. Poe hung his head and rubbed his temples as every structure in his body told him not to, but he gave in. Cristin looked over to Kylo and his bounty hunter and motioned them to come over.

"I think what we need is a reintroduction," she informed as Poe put his hands on his hips, not happy with the arrangement. She guessed that Poe wanted to punch him right about now, which she was sure that Kylo wouldn't appreciate. After a moment of Kylo and Poe just staring at each other, Cristin took a deep breath. "Poe, this is-"

"Ben Organa," Kylo finished, sticking his hand out to shake Poe's. The pilot flinched at the sudden movement, but reluctantly shook the man's hand.

"Poe Dameron," he grumbled before glaring at Cristin. "The General has put you in my quarters for the week until we can give you a more permanent home. Ty tells me that she's your new guard. That should be exciting."

"Poe," Cristin warned, but Kylo smiled.

"She has been very helpful so far, and much too kind," he replied as Cristin jumped at the compliment. For some reason, it didn't seem right for him to say anything positive about anyone. Was he not the man that killed his own father? Tried to kill his mother and all that she stood for? Cristin shook it off and bowed her head in thanks. Poe, however, did not accept the thoughtful words so quick.

"Really? She hasn't been clumsy, has she? She has quite the reputation, you know. Has she caught you on fire, or led you astray, or insulted the First Order, or caused you any misfortune?" Poe whispered with a smirk as Kylo's eyebrow twitched in annoyance at the hint of a threat. Cristin grabbed Poe's shoulder, angrier than she had been earlier. It was one thing to be teased at all, but to be teased in front of a former enemy was crossing the line for her. Poe gave her a patient look as she glared.

"No, of course not. Although, I'm not sure those examples should reflect on her character," Kylo answered, now making Poe look like the bad guy. Cristin wondered why he was standing up for her. Poe nodded and agreed.

"Just wanted to make sure that Crispy wasn't giving you a terrible tour," Poe informed as he winked toward Cristin. He was testing the waters, wondering what Kylo was truly up to. Cristin strained a smile as Kylo mirrored, an immediate red flag for Poe.

"I'm sure Poe will love to show you your quarters. Isn't that right?" Cristin whispered, her voice dripping with venom. Poe frowned, wondering if he had pushed her a little too far, and nodded.

"Of course. Right this way,"

After Rey called Chewbacca to pick them up, she wandered over to Luke's structure, where he liked to meditate. She had a burning question and had to work up her nerve to ask. Rey waited in the doorway, wondering how long he was going to be.

"I was hoping to meditate a quite a while longer," Luke informed, startling Rey. She bowed as she stepped inside.

"I'm sorry," Rey whispered before Luke stood up.

"What can I help you with?"

"I was wondering about what you said in the cave. It's been bothering me ever since you mentioned it to the Masters," Rey answered as Luke nodded, placing his cloak on the table nearby.