~ Kiss Kiss

Kiss Kiss

Words: 1050

Summary: Dan and Phil are close friends and room mates. Dan accidentally kisses Phil before leaving the flat.

Dan's POV

I tugged my jacket and boots on before walking into the kitchen. I woke up to find that Phil had, once again, drank all the milk and finished my cereal so I had to go out and get some. I should really be mad at him but after all this time it's just become a regular thing although I do try tell him.

"PHIL?!" I yelled, waiting for the reply as I slipped my phone and keys into my pocket.

I heard the thump of footsteps and then my room mate was standing in the door. "Yeah?" He asked, leaning on the frame.

"Thanks to your midnight snacking habits I have to go out and get milk and cereal AGAIN." I huffed. I wasn't actually mad at him.

"Sorry." Phil grinned sheepishly, fixing me with the puppy dog stare. I rolled my eyes because it was adorable and undoubtedly worked every time whether I wanted it to or not. Besides, I might have fancied Phil quite a bit.

"Yeah, you should be. I'm going out now - I'll be back in 15 minutes." I sighed and made my way to the door.

Phil stepped to the side to let me past. "Bye." He smiled as I reached him.

"See ya." I smiled back and pecked him on the cheek before walking down the hall and the stairs to the front door. I was halfway down the street until I realized what I had just done. "Oh fuck." I thought. Had I really just kissed y best friend on the way out? It seemed so natural.

"Shit." I cursed out loud and walked a lot slower to the shops to delay the time I had to face Phil. "I guess his puppy dog eyes were irresistible this time." I thought whilst biting my lip. It was a subconscious gesture, surely Phil would pass it off right? What if he thought I fancied him? Well I did fancy him but he wasn't supposed to know about it.

I wanted us to stay friends - that way it was guaranteed that we'd stay together and things would be normal. It didn't mean I'd never want something more with Phil because he's gorgeous and sweet and funny and we like the same things and we work the same job etc. I just didn't want to be the one to take the risk and lose everything Phil and I had built over the last few years.

I shook my head at myself as I entered the shop on the corner, heading straight to the isle with the milk. "Oh god, what if he's packing his stuff right now?" I thought in worry. "What if he yells at me or hurts me or tells everyone?" My teeth were biting pretty harshly into my lip at this point and I could taste a tang iron.

"Calm down, it's Phil." I reassured myself. Phil had stood by me and gotten me through some hard times - surely he'd just pass it off as a mistake - which it was. I grabbed some Shreddies and walked to the self-serve checkout to pay for my items. "Phil will be probably be reasonable and ask why I kissed his cheek. I'll just say 'I don't know I did it by accident' everything will go back to normal." I concluded and stuffed the breakfast foods and receipt into a plastic bag.

I exited the shop but still took my time - even though I had made up my mind on what to do and say I still wanted to delay the natural awkwardness of the conversation I was destined to have. My brain picked through different scenarios and ways to get out the words without vomiting them right in front of him.

I reached the door and took in a breath before sliding the key in the lock and pushing it open. Listening out for my friend, I made my way up the stairs and into the kitchen once again. Phil wasn't there. I let out a small sigh of relief - happy I didn't have to confront Phil for a phew moments more.

I shrugged my jacket off and got a bowl out of the cupboard before pouring some milk and Shreddies in to have my morning cereal. As the first spoonful entered my mouth I heard the foot steps of Phil coming down the hall. I swallowed the mouthful as well as the lump in my throat and tried to slow my racing heart. "It's just Phil. It's just Phil. It's just Phil." I thought.

"Hey." Phil smiled from the doorway.

"Hi." I mumbled in reply.

"Do you wanna watch No Game No Life? I have it set up on the TV." Phil offered.

"Oh, um, sure." I replied, confused as to why he hadn't asked about the kiss. "Is he forgetting it happened?" I thought and even though I felt relief, I also felt the need to explain myself.

"Ok, you can go through. I think I'll make some toast and orange juice for myself." Phil suggested and started pulling what he needed out of cupboards.

I nodded mutely and walked into the living room where the anime was displayed on the screen. I let out a sigh before taking a seat. Phil and I watched three episodes before we had enough for the morning. "I think it's a good choice and I like the characters." Phil commented.

"Me too, I'm already hooked." I grinned - the morning events almost forgotten.

Phil stood up and stretched. "I think I'm gunna get dressed. We should go out and meet with Tom, Jack and Dean later to talk about the skit." Phil advised and I replied with a simple 'yeah.'

"Ok." Phil smiled and then he leaned down and pecked me on the lips. I tensed up and my eyes went round in shock. I stared in surprise after him as he withdrew from my face. "Now we're even." Phil smirked and turned to walk towards the door, throwing a short and suggestive wink over his shoulder.

"Like fuck." I thought and ran after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just some VERY short fluff for y'all <3

~HelloAnonymousWriter~