15

^^Anne's New Costume! does it remind you of anyone ;) ^^

Anne was breathing in short breaths of air as she slowly walked towards the bar. She was so nervous that she felt like she was going to pass out with each step she took. The cold air gently nipped at her nose and she silently scolded herself for wearing the outfit she was wearing right now.

Not only was the white dress something she would never wear, but it was short enough that it exposed quite a bit of her legs leaving them open to the chilly night air. Anne took a deep breath and rubbed her hands down the side of her dress to wipe away the sweat.

She didn't understand why she was so nervous. She knew it couldn't be because she was about to talk to these men about joining her, Steve, and Bucky in their mission. No, it had to be because of the fact that she was all dressed up for once.

Her normal pants and t-shirt was replaced with her white dress. Anne's normally free hair was pinned in an updo while her face dawned a little bit of makeup that she never usually wore. In her opinion she looked like a completely new person and despite thinking that she somewhat liked her appearance, she was afraid everyone else wouldn't.

Anne finally reached the bar and she took a deep breath before pulling the door open and walking inside. She stood at the entrance for a moment and looked around, desperately trying to find Steve and Bucky before anyone could notice her.

However, her plan failed because she hadn't even been standing in the room for five minutes before all eyes seemed to be on her, the usual chatter coming to a complete stop as the bar was met with silence.

Anne's eyes widened slightly and she felt her face heat up as people stared at her. She quickly averted their gazes and kept her head down as she made her way to the bar. It was silent for a moment more, but eventually everyone began talking again and Anne was thankful for that.

She was almost to the bar when she caught sight of her two best friends talking over some drinks. She smiled and made her way over to them. She was only a few feet away when Bucky's eyes flickered over to her. Anne saw his eyes widen for a second as his jaw dropped open. He instantly whacked Steve on the arm, his eyes never leaving Anne. Steve went to yell at Bucky, but the boy only grabbed Steve's face and shoved it in the direction of Anne.

As soon as Steve's eyes landed on her, he swore his heart stopped. His chest became tight as the breath was literally knocked out of him. He blinked in surprise, his eyes quickly trailing over her figure until landing on her face.

She stopped in front of the boys and gave them a nervous smile. "Hey," she greeted, but she was only met with silence as the two boys stared at her. Her smile instantly dropped, now being replaced with a panicked look. "What? It's the outfit, isn't it? I knew I should've stuck to the uniform," she muttered.

Both of their eyes widened. "No, Annie. Don't say that. It's just, you look-" Bucky paused as he looked at her with so much love. Seeing his best friend all dressed up and looking grown up made his heart swell with pride.

"Beautiful," Steve whispered out causing both Anne and Bucky to glance over at him. Anne blushed at his words while Bucky smirked at him. Steve sent Bucky a small glare before looking back at Anne who was wringing her hands nervously.

"Thanks," Anne muttered. Her eyes flickered up to look at the boys before her eyes landed on Steve. "You two don't look too bad yourselves."