The Pastel And The Punk

Summary: nobody suspected that "Loser Lester", the pastel boy, would ever have a boyfriend, let alone someone as "cool" as Dan Howell.

Genre: fluffity fluff, what is that stuff? No it's actually just a drabble

Art: you guessed it, @phantheraglama on tumblr

Word count: 1.1k-ish

Phil's POV:

"Loser Lester" they call me. Only because of my choice of colors and flower crowns. They don't get it... But then again, they aren't very smart. They are also completely oblivious to the fact that I'm dating one of the "coolest" people in the school, Dan Howell. And by they, I mean the people in the hell I've been stuck in for the past 5 years.

I don't have any of my classes with him, which means we don't walk together or make much face to face contact in school, so it's pretty obvious that people don't know.

But even though he wears black, leather, jeans and is covered with tattooes and piercings, and I wear pastel and flower crowns, we match perfectly, because people would never assume I like Muse, Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco, and people never assume Dan is a nerd, who like myself, likes video games, anime and books, and unlike myself, is afraid of trees, dark and moths...

I remember the first time he talked to me. I wasn't intimidated by his "popularity" at all. I was sitting in a small cafe next to the school, sipping some black coffee, reading Harry Potter and listening to Muse, when he walked in. At first I didn't notice him, but then he lay his elbow on my shoulder lazily, and took out an earphone.

"I understand the taste in books, Harry Potter is a great series, but what kind of music do you listen to that could possibly distract you from me?" He asked jokingly and I handed him the earphone. "You read?" I asked. "Yeah, you like Muse? And..." He said, looking through my library. "Fall Out Boy? Panic! ? I'm impressed, Lester" he said.

"I don't have to impress you, Howell, what's your music taste anyway?" I answered. "Well, my favorite band happens to be Muse, as you might have guessed, and my favorite album is Origin Of Symmetry." He answered as I looked through his phone. "Attack On Titan? Howell you are an underdog of nerdiness." I said.

"I'm an underdog of everything" he smugly answered. "Oh shut up. But why are you exactly taking to me, "Loser Lester", pastel boy who nobody likes?" I asked. "It's Phil, right? I never heard your first name except for once when I heard a teacher talk to you" he said. I nod. "Well Phil, I want to talk to you because you seem like an interesting person, and you are quite attractive. And I like attractive looking people" he sayid. "Well, I like talking to attractive men myself" I replied.

And bipiddy bopiddy boom, we were making out in the men's room about 3 hours later.

So anyway, Dan has two free classes and he went to his home, so he told me. So I was pretty surprised to hear the roar of his motorbike and see him drive into the school parking lot about three minutes ago. Obviously, seeing how this is Dan Howell the bad boy, coming back to school, everybody was immediately there and pushing me away, and how could they not? I mean, tattoo sleeves, his classic short black eclipse t-shirt, skinny jeans, three ear piercings and snake bites.

Whilst I'm the one wearing a pink sweater, light lilac jeans, light pink vans and a flower crown to match. I'm the one people like to, and are currently, pushing to the ground. Dan? He looks like the kind of guy that if you even touch they'd beat the living shit out of you.

"Um, guys," Dan says to the gathering crowd of flirting girls and occasional jealous or questionably hereto guy. "I'm actually looking for someone I uh-oh Phil, there you are!" He says with a smile. "You should be looking for me" Some trashy girl says. "Who's even Phil? I'm Jessica"

"And I'm Phil" I say, sarcastically smiling and sarcastically stretch out my hand. "Loser, get out of my face, I'm taking to Dan here" she says. "And I'm taking to Phil here" Dan says, pushes her away roughly, making her stumble, and I walk over. Well, I guess we're telling the school now, huh?

"Uh, Hi Phil...?" Jessica asks, quickly correcting herself, clearly fakely flirting with me. Not so "loser" after all, now that I'm associated with Dan? This'll be fun. Dan's also the jealous type so I'll get to see overprotective Dan. And that's always amusing.

"Yeah?" I ask with a smirk, tilting my head to the side. "You know, I always thought you were really cute and didn't deserve any of this, can I hang out with Dan.... Oh and you tomorrow?" She asks, leaning towards me and holding my forearm whilst playing with her hair, and Dan looks rather unimpressed and pissed off, while I'm trying my best boy to let out a giggle.

"Okay, guys, let's make this clear" Dan says. He walks away from the bike, pushes Jessica away from me, quickly snakes his arms around my lower waste and slams our lips together. My arms wrap around his neck, and I don't give a fuck about all the people standing around us, gasping and probably taking photos judging by the sounds behind us.

"This guy" he says, playfully and rather unnecessary loudly slapping my ass, making me gasp and try not to run away laughing and blushing, "is mine. Do not hit him, or on him, for I will thoroughly beat your ass to a pulp. Also, no, I am not gay, I am pansexual, which doesn't mean much at this point since I do not intend on breaking up with him any time soon. I love him" he says. "And I love you too" I reply.

"Honestly, I think you guys are adorable togeth-"

"Shut up Becky!" that Jessica bitch from before says. "Sorry guys, gotta go" the girl who is apparently Becky says.

"Oh, what happened to your hair? And you have dirt on your clothes" Dan goes all parent-like over me and I roll my eyes. "That guy" I say pointing at a jock. "And that girl" I refer to the two people I pushed me onto the asphalt less than 5 minutes ago and kicked me a little, y'know, for the "joy" of it. Dan glares at them. "Don't. Touch. My. Boyfriend. Shits." Dan says and they nod, rather scared. I'm not scared of Dan honestly, he's about as athletic and terrifying as a kidney bean could be.

Dan offers me my pink Pastel helmet, which I gladly take, get on the bike with him, wrap my arms around him and we drive to his house.

Well that was fun.